Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Letter To Old Navy:

Dear Old Navy;

You know I love you. With your adorable summer dresses and cute outfits for the boys, who on earth could ever resist you?

Lately? ME! Because I do not find you "adorable" in the least.

It pains me to say this.

Old Navy you are seriously freaking me out!

And here's the reason:





It's your ad campaign with your creepy and bizarre "SuperModelquins".


Look, I understand what kind of economy we are in.....and maybe paying "live" models right now is difficult, but.....


WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!?

You have these rediculous commercials where the mannequins are TALKING and have personalities and NAMES?!

Is this supposed to be endearing to me? Like Barbie come to life?

It's freaking CRAZYTOWN, that's what it is!!!

And then, as if the whole thing wasn't unnerving enough, you send your supermodelquins out to party in NYC and LA like this:






It's like the movie, "Weekend at Bernie's" or something. "He may be dead.....but he's the life of the party!"






And the final straw for me was this picture advertisement that I saw recently:





Oh yeah! GENIUS!

Because nothing makes me want to go running into your store more than seeing shopping bags with severed limbs hanging off of them.

Sigh, seriously Old Navy. It's time to rethink your advertising scheme. Just a thought.

~Mayhem Momma~

1 comment:

Mark and Emily said...

You are so right, I guess I haven't been in that store for a while. Mannequins are wicked creepy in small visual portions but to see them everywhere, that is just a little too cheap for me (however if it makes there clothes still cost less than maybe I could live with it!).

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...