Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
What is your favorite word?
What is your least favorite word?
~I have a few, but I really dislike the words moist, hate and hopeless
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
~My kids, music,
What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
~Abuse or intolerance of any kind
What sound or noise do you love?
~Music.....in all it's forms
What sound or noise do you hate?
~The sound of someone eating while talking to me on the phone
What is your favorite curse word?
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
~Broadway star or journalist
What profession would you not like to do?
~Ocean Fisherman or mortician
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
~"Your grandma is waiting for you over there"
Friday, September 17, 2010
Keeper of the cookies, and the peace.
A chauffeur, a chef, a cleaner, an errand girl, a tutor, a therapist, a top level negotiator, a playmate, a nurse, oh and a bank to name a few.
Somehow, this just does not begin to adequately describe a Mom.
We can be glamorous, sporty, refined, stressed, content, or happy. We are chameleons!
We are the one’s cheering the loudest at every little league game.
The one’s offering advice, even if you don’t want to hear.
We are the safe, reliable, warm hug you need at the end of the day.
Moms are the magic that can take away your pain with only a kiss.
Moms are the one’s who will love you the longest, and the hardest.
Moms, they have to be a little bit of everything.
Now that I am a Mom, I know the joy only a babies first smile can bring. I understand the primal need to protect ones young. I have experienced the sweet agony of nursing a sick baby through the night. I have felt the fierce pride of a child's first words, first steps, first accomplishments.
I know what it meant to have your heart walking around outside your body. I have silently wept for their pain.
Now that I a Mom, I strive to be a better daughter. I am more thankful for my relationship with my Husband then ever before.
Before I was a Mom, I didn't know how much work it was to be a Mother. Work of the best kind, work I love and am thankful for every day.
I’m so glad I get to be someone's Mommy, I wouldn't change a thing.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
1. When you get invited out for coffee, wine, dinner.....whatever. PLEASE don’t spend the entire time talking about yourself, your husband, your business, your kids, your fabulous house. Sigh. Self centered Mama’s don’t get invited out a second time. They are boring…oh and self centered.
2. Don’t check out another Mama’s husband. That is against the code….and it is super gross.
3. If you see one of your Mama friends out and about and her toddler is having a temper tantrum that rivals an episode from The Supernanny -- just smile and let her know we have all been there. Don’t judge. She is already having a bad day.
4. See a Mama out there and she looks like hell? Clothes are wrinkled, bloodshot eyes, wearing the baseball cap of invisibility. Pretend you don’t see her. She has got something going on, and trust me when I say, she is not up for a friendly chat.
5. Try and remember that gossip spreads in the momosphere like wildfire spreads in California. Once it starts, it takes an act of God to put a stop to it. Remember what your Mama taught you, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
6. Oh and of course, the Universal rule among loving caring Mamas… no matter how many doughnuts she’s been eating, despite any extra trips to Taco Bell, even if her zipper is split and she can’t breath when she sits, never EVER admit that she looks fat in those pants!
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
A little known fact.... The first testicular guard "Cup" was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was not used until 1974. It took 100 years for men to realize that the brain is also important.
Yep! That pretty much says it all!
Because life is too short to be unhappy. So go see a movie. Eat some cake. Say you're sorry if you need to. Ta...
So, the other day I was doing some laundry in my room and half listening to the TV droning on behind me. It was an old rerun of a Golden Gi...
So, this is something I've decided to do quarterly here on my blog. I subscribe to an AWESOME website called, of course, FITFABFUN. I ...
Martina McBride – White Christmas Let it Snow | Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas | Silver Bells | Hark! The Herald Angels ...