Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Love/Hate Relationship with The Amazing Race

The Amazing Race! The reality TV Show where dynamic teams of two (the quirkier, more boisterous, cliche ridden the better) are sent on a life changing race around the world!

Why do I love this show? Courtesy of CBS, and from the comfort of my own couch you are ushered to the exotic locale of your dreams and many places you would not want to visit in your darkest nightmare.

You don't pay for any of it and have thrilling adventures along the way! Could it get any better then that! Yes! Because as you travel your relationship with your love one either crumbles (and the inevitable test you were doing is abruptly over) or strengthens harder then concrete! Oh...the voyeur in me LOVES to have this sneak peak into how other people communicate, what do they think is a good relationship, and how do they handle the difficult situations.

It's not long before the hubby and I are playing along! Ohhh...who has the nerves of steal? I'll take this one. Why? Not because I'm the bravest, but because I know somewhere alone the line there is going to be that exotic eating thing and my weak stomach is not going anywhere near that one. That's all you baby!

The Amazing Race transports you out of your living room...away from the doldrums of daily life and out into the world. It is simply the best hour on TV.

So why do I hate the Amazing Race? Jealousy.

Do you know how long it is going to be before I have a chance to see even 1 or 2 of those incredible places? Every week you spark the lusty traveller in me only to have cold reality slapped back in my face as the credits start to roll.

Another realization. I am not 22 anymore! When this show started airing I pictured myself as one of the young newlywed couples ready to tackle the world. One of the cute ones in pretty good shape and matching outfits, that could handle the physical challenges with grace and ease and even use my looks to my advantage. Tonight I realized that is no longer who I would be!

Who would we be now? The happy middle age couple..married for more then 10 years with 3 kids. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I would have to get my butt on a treadmill in order to spare my self the embarassement of not being able to climb up a hill, and start some kind of skincare regime before I could let this face be seen on camera without any make-up! Oh and getting by one my looks? A girl can dream? LOL

But you know why I hate the Amazing Race the most? Canadians need not apply! C'mon! We must be a huge part of the viewership! Just because we start out from Vancouver, Canada does not mean we would not be great competitors and fun to watch, eh? (see I could be a cliche) Plus I know I would absolutely be cheering each and every week for my fellow Canadian!

CBS...I'll never stop watching...but give us a crack at the dream!

No comments:

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...