So, I'm not sure how many of you readers know me in real life, or if you do know me, how close we actually are. So, I've decided to tell you a few things about myself, that you may -- or may not -- know.
101 Things About Erin
1. I'm 34 years old.
2. I was born in Magrath, but consider myself a Raymondite.
3. I own 56 books of piano music -- but not a piano.
4. I hate shoes....and socks. I would go barefoot all the time if I could
5. I hate the color pink
6. I LOVE reading. I often have 3 or 4 books on the go at once
7. When I was a little girl, I really wanted to be a teacher when I grew up.
8. I also wanted to be a singer, a nurse, a pharmacist, and a journalist
9. I have 7 younger half siblings, but was raised with only 3 of them (although I have since connected with my youngest (half) sister
10. I try to have some form of communication with my mom every, single day
11. I secretly want a tattoo, but am deathly afraid of needles
12. I am also afraid of spiders.....I mean irrational, paralyzing, tear inducing fear
13. If I could be on any reality show, it would be Amazing Race or Biggest Loser
14. I have been pregnant 4 times
15. My second pregnancy ended in miscarriage......on my 2nd wedding anniversary.
16. I never want to jump out of an airplane.
17. I would love to retire in Hawaii.
18. My favorite person in the whole world is my grandma Court. I miss her every day.
19. I have a photographic memory when it comes to music, but can't remember where I put my purse on almost a daily basis
20. I love photography.
21. I work in a hospital, but the smell of hospitals makes me sick to my stomach.
22. If I could choose a super power, it'd be the ability to teleport.
23. I want to get certified in scuba diving
24. I would love to learn taekwon do
25. I am freakishly strong....you know, for a girl
26. But I also cry...a lot.....I'm kind of a wuss
27. I love swimming and can hold my breath under water for a REALLY long time.
28. I look remarkably like my paternal grandmother.....whom I never met
29. My youngest son was named after a character on Star Trek (Hubby's a trekkie)
30. I secretly wish I had a daugher (but we're done with babies)
31. I still consider wanting to adopt a little girl
32. But, I think God knew if I had a girl, I'd drive her--and everyone in the house--crazy with my good intentions..
33. I believe in angels.
34. I hate driving...I wish I could afford a chauffer
35. Mint chocolate anything is like kryptonite to me
36. I wish life was like a musical.....complete with the singing and dancing
37. I talk too much
38. I love peanut butter and bananas on toast
39. Growing up, I always wished I was tall, athletic and beautiful like my sister
40. When I am playing with pirate swords or Matchbox cars, sometimes I daydream about Barbies and dollhouses
41. I sometimes wonder what my life would've been like if mom had married my biological dad
42. I'm grateful every day that she married the man that I call my dad
43. I wish I were thinner
44. I have a bucket list
45. I hate when people say things like "prolly", "supposably", "preggers", etc....
46. Sandra Bullock would play me in my Life Story
47. I resent Photoshop in fashion magazines, but would be okay with using it on my own pics
48. I sing all the time.....even at work. I shocked my supervisors with my voice
49. Sounds that drive me nuts: static, car alarms, people eating while on the phone
50. I am constantly afraid of "the other shoe falling"
51. I'm not as tough as people think I am
52. The best part of being a mom is seeing your children become actual people
53. I could eat Chinese food every day
54. Sometimes when I'm sick, I just wish hubby would baby me the way I baby everyone else
55. I hate watching the news because there are never any "happy" stories
56. I don't believe in coincidences
57. My teenage son and I have the same taste in music
58. I'm the "cool mom" in my kids circle of friends
59. I don't iron. Ever.
60. I'm a sucker for romance
61. My favorite flowers are lillies and orchids
62. I love doing laundry
63. I hate being late for anything.....before I was married I was ALWAYS early for everything
64. I love a good chick flick
65. I have no tolerance for incompetence
66. I'm really good at keeping secrets
67. I believe there are times when a good curse word is necessary
68. The websites http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ and http://www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com/ never fail to put a smile on my face......even on the worst of days.
69. I have near-perfect recall when it comes to song lyrics....I'm sure I know well over 5000 songs by heart
70. Elizabeth Bennett is my favorite literary heroin
71. I have always liked older men
72. I tweeze my eyebrows at red lights
73. I tend to have a sarcastic sense of humor
74. I got engaged on my 20th birthday
75. I was married 12 days later
76. I regret not having my ''dream'' wedding
77. I'm the shortest one in my family
78. I'm also the only fat one
79. I'm working on changing that
80. I'm a Libra......and the discription of Libras suits me to a tee
81. I wet the bed until I was 10
82. My favorite holiday is Christmas
83. My dream car is a cobalt blue BMW Z4 roadster
84. I hate brussel sprouts
85. I have never fed brussel sprouts to my children
86. I am allergic to cats
87. This is okay with me because I'm definately a dog person
88. I like Pepsi better than Coke
89. I passed my driving test the first time, even though I couldn't parallel park.....and still can't
90. I can't drive a stick shift
91. I am a fast walker and am annoyed by people who walk slow or stop to talk in a crowded hallway
92. My favorite season is Autumn
93. I can speak with a near perfect British accent....I've even fooled some Brits with it
94. My husband thinks the accent is sexy :p
95. When Ross and I were first married, he did all the cooking (he's a chef). But I have fallen in love with cooking and now do about 90% of it myself
96. I am a spelling and grammar nazi. I will judge you on your ability to spell and use proper grammar
97. I love the rain.....and the way it smells
98. I also love the smell of sawdust, fresh cut grass, and new baby smell
99. I like all nuts except walnut
100. I love seafood
101. I always wanted an older brother
Holy crumb.....I can't believe I actually finished that.....even if it took 3 days. Anyone else up for the challenge? I would love to read them.
If I could tell you anything -- I mean anything.....and you would believe me, here's what I'd say. You are enough. You are so ...
Dear Max; We made it, Buddy! Happy 18th birthday! Do you feel any different than you did yesterday? Maybe you should. Today marks...
HEY, YOU. You are enough. That big dream you have, the one that seems far too big and bold and grand to ever really be ...
You take them both, and there you have the facts of life. :P (OK, enough reminiscing about my childhood TV habits.) Dear You, ...