OK, so if you were forced to go back in time to the "Olden Days", but were allowed to take 10 modern conveniences with you, what would you take?
I was thinking about this today, and here's what I came up with.
1. My hot water heater, so that I wouldn't have to take cold showers or baths.
2. My toothbrush, because for as weak and brittle as my teeth are, I hate not having them feel clean.
3. My washing machine, so that I wouldn't have to wash my clothes by hand (because, admit it, that would suck)
4. My bed -- my wonderful, comfortable king sized bed that adjusts the head and feet position for maximum sleep comfort.
5. My stove and oven, because I've actually gotten to enjoy cooking (being married to a chef has it's perks), and I would hate to have to try working my culinary magic without them.
6. My camera -- anyone who knows me knows how much I like to take pictures. And I would love to have tangible images of the memories my life creates.
7. A toilet, because lets face it.....no one likes doing their business in a nasty outhouse.
8. My car......as much as I love horses, and think they are beautiful and magestic animals, I would not have to rely on them strapped to a buggy as my means of transportation.
9. The refrigerator....so that I could keep food fresh and my family fed with unspoiled food.
10. My computer, complete with internet access so that I could blog about all my adventures (this one didn't really suprise you did it?)
In the monotony of daily life, chasing after happiness can seem like an endless, really big project. And sometimes, it is. But sometime...
Dear Max; We made it, Buddy! Happy 18th birthday! Do you feel any different than you did yesterday? Maybe you should. Today marks...
HEY, YOU. You are enough. That big dream you have, the one that seems far too big and bold and grand to ever really be ...
You take them both, and there you have the facts of life. :P (OK, enough reminiscing about my childhood TV habits.) Dear You, ...