Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Top Ten

OK, so if you were forced to go back in time to the "Olden Days", but were allowed to take 10 modern conveniences with you, what would you take?

I was thinking about this today, and here's what I came up with.

1. My hot water heater, so that I wouldn't have to take cold showers or baths.

2. My toothbrush, because for as weak and brittle as my teeth are, I hate not having them feel clean.

3. My washing machine, so that I wouldn't have to wash my clothes by hand (because, admit it, that would suck)

4. My bed -- my wonderful, comfortable king sized bed that adjusts the head and feet position for maximum sleep comfort.

5. My stove and oven, because I've actually gotten to enjoy cooking (being married to a chef has it's perks), and I would hate to have to try working my culinary magic without them.

6. My camera -- anyone who knows me knows how much I like to take pictures. And I would love to have tangible images of the memories my life creates.

7. A toilet, because lets face it.....no one likes doing their business in a nasty outhouse.

8. My car......as much as I love horses, and think they are beautiful and magestic animals, I would not have to rely on them strapped to a buggy as my means of transportation.

9. The refrigerator....so that I could keep food fresh and my family fed with unspoiled food.

10. My computer, complete with internet access so that I could blog about all my adventures (this one didn't really suprise you did it?)

1 comment:

Mark and Emily said...

I'm not sure a toilet would do you much good without the whole plumbing system going!! I can't think of 10 but I know I would need a...actually, I just deleted the few things I could think of because yours were so much better! I'll just copy you, how about that?!!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...