Friday, August 24, 2007

What will they remember?

I love looking in stores that sell a lot of inspirational "stuff". Signs, pictures, cards, etc. I see things such as:

*It's not the number of breaths in life that count, it's the number of moments that take your breath away

*Home is where our story begins

*Home is where you hang your hat

*Live like there is no tomorrow

*Dance like no one is watching

*etc, etc.....

And today I was pondering all of it. What is most important? What do I want my kids to be left with when I am gone? Will they care how many toys I have bought them? I doubt it. I want my kids to be left with memories of me. I want them to know that they were, without a doubt, loved beyond measure. I want them to remember how hard I tried to make our house a home. I want them to recall the laughter, the tears, the hugs, and that mom was there with open arms whenever she was needed.....and sometimes when they thought she wasn't. I want them to remember that mom taught them about the Gospel, that mom showed them how to love, how to be kind and that Heavenly Father is first in all we do. I can't put into words how much it would mean to me for my kids to recall their childhood, and remember these kinds of moments. And I know that as they grow, I will remember the moments, not the messes that I fret about now. God has given me such incredible blessings in these kids of mine.

So remember: Stop your chores and show your kids the rainbow. The chores will wait for the rainbow to be gone, but the rainbow will not wait for the chores to be gone.

No comments:

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...