Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Goodbye 2012 -- Hello 3013

I'm not big on year end recaps. If you read my blog or know me in real life, you know what I've been up to. You don't really want to read it all over again, do you? However,
since I haven't posted in FOREVER, I've decided to do up this little post.

Favorite Book, Album, TV Show, &; Movie of 2012
It's always hard for me to choose only one of something, but I'm going to do it.

MOVIE

The Dark Knight Rises

Well, duh. Obviously, I love Christopher Nolan and all of his Batman films. This one, the last of three, was by far the best movie of 2012. It's definitely the one I was most anticipating. It didn't let me down. I was on the edge of my seat from the moment it started until the very end. I hope they continue the story in some way in the future. If not, I'll just watch these three over and over again. Long live the Caped Crusader!

BOOK

I've Got Your Number, Sophie Kinsella

This isn't the best book I've ever read. It's not deep or heartfelt. It's not even a compelling page-turner. It's simply a funny, light read that had me in tears from laughing so hard. I actually snorted out loud several times. Sometimes, you just need a good fluff book to brighten your days, and this one did just that. I loved it so much.

ALBUM

"Some Nights"  by F.U.N  

I don't know how anyone can listen to this band and not enjoy them.  I can listen to their songs over and over and over again......and quite often at the top of my lungs.  Just a really great band.

T.V SHOW

This was a bit harder to narrow down, but I think my top 5 favorites (in no particular order) were:

1.  Hawaii Five-0
2.  Modern Family
3.  Flashpoint (so sad it ended this year)
4.  Chicago Fire
5.  Touch

OK, that's last year.  But what about this year??

I'm not a New Year's resolutions kind of girl. I always make a list of goals I'd like to accomplish. I never complete every item on my list, but that's ok. In the end, my goals are a reminder of what I'd like to do not what I have to do.  This year, instead of a long list, I'm choosing to focus on three words.

•Positivity

I've always been a positive person. I tend to see the glass as half full, not half empty. In 2013, I refuse to let the negativity of others bring me down. I am choosing to focus on the good.

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." -- John N. Mitchell


•Spontaneity

No lists. No clocks. No calendars. Run out the door and do something fun.. just for the hell of it.

"It was tragic how life had sucked her down to the bones, all her spontaneity, her laughter and freedom had vanished. I knew then that I didn't ever want to be like that. Whatever happened, life was something too precious to give up on so easily." -- Belinda Jeffrey, One Long Thread


•Determination

There are a lot of things I want out of this life. Sitting here thinking about them won't do me any good. If I want something done, I've got to do it myself, and do it now.

"Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen." -- Horace Mann



1 comment:

Your Mama said...

This was a gooder....I don't watch ANY of your TV shows but what the eh....

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...