Friday, February 20, 2015

Movie Mania

OK, so I decided to do a few fun link up ideas from other bloggers that I read.  This one is all about my love of the silver screen.  Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a bit of a cinephile.  I have a great love and appreciation for good movies. 


This challenge was to go to the IMDB (the internet movie database), and for every year you've been alive, look at the top 10 movies from EACH year (that's almost 4 decades people).  From these top 10 (per year) make a list of those movies that you love.  You know, the ones you own on DVD, can regurgitate lines from and will watch repeatedly without question.  After you've compiled your list (which trust me, will be massive), post your top 15 choices on your blog.


This list posted a HUGE challenge to me.  When I initially listed the movies that I loved from the IMDB database, it was a massive list (73 movies).  So here is my "whittled down" list of my top 15 in order of their date of release.


ANNIE (1982)


"I don't need sunshine now to turn my skys to blue.  I don't need anything but you"


FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH (1982)


"Aloha, Mr. Hand"





"Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"


THE PRINCESS BRIDE (1987)


"Never argue with a Sicilian when death is on the line"


DEAD POET'S SOCIETY (1989)


"No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world"


TOMBSTONE (1993)


"You gonna do somethin'?  Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?"




"You either get busy living, or you get busy dying"


FORREST GUMP (1994)


"My name is Forrest Gump.  You can call me Forrest Gump."


GOOD WILL HUNTING (1997)


"You'll have bad times, but it'll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren't paying attention to"


MEAN GIRLS (2004)


"Get in loser, we're going shopping"



OK, I know I'm totally cheating lumping these three movies together, but they are really just one big epically awesome movie, plus it's my blog so I do what I want.  :)


"Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more.  Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded


STAR TREK  (2009)


Kirk: "Who was that pointy eared bastard?"  Bones: "I don't know, but I like him." 


PITCH PERFECT  (2012)


"Yeah, no.  Don't put me down for cardio"


HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE  (2013)


"Fear does not work as long as there is hope"


BIG HERO 6  (2014)


"There are no red lights during car chases"


Well, there you have it, folks.  This was a lot of fun to do.  Make sure you let me know if you do one of your own.  

No comments:

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...