Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Idol Chatter -- The Final Three

OK, so here we go. The final three. Not suprising that there are three men left. I said it from day one....a man was going to win this year. So, let's get on with it. The judges all picked the first song of the night for the contestants to sing.....and it's not suprising that Simon was the one that picked Adam's song. They've had it in the bag for him to win this thing for weeks. But I digress.....

First songs

1) Danny -- "Dance Little Sister": First of all, Paula, what an obscurely rediculous song choice. It's like she wants him to lose. I thought we already had disco week. She's a moron. Danny sang it REALLY well, but the song choice was horrid.

2) Kris -- "Apologize": I love that song, but he struggled when he tried to hit the high note. I liked him doing it from behind the piano, and the ending was really nice. It was pretty good overall, but the miss on the high notes kind of wrecked it for me.....Ha ha ha. I lived Simon's slam on Kara. If they wanted him out front with a guitar, they should have picked a song. "Apologize" is a piano ballad, not a guitar melody type song.

3) Adam -- "One": I thought the beginning where it was soft and haunting was beautiful. I was really enjoying it until he went all theatrical and Adam-esque during the bridge. It kind of killed the mood for me, but the end again was fantastic. So this is now two weeks in a row where I haven't really cared for his performances.

Second Songs:

1) Danny -- "You are so Beautiful": I thought the arrangement was fantastic, but it started out a little slow. It reminded me completely of R Kelly's "I believe I can fly" during the middle and ending part. But it was gorgeous. I loved it. Sadly, it's probably not going to be enough.

2) Kris -- "Heartless": So, yeah.....I really didn't care for this at all. I think it was way better than the robotic, synthesized version that Kanye does....but I still think it was terrible. Which is sad, because Kris is really starting to grow on me.

3) Adam -- "Cryin": Sigh, I think he was kind of flat, except when he was wailing. Which was really disappointing. He really needs to tone things down sometimes. Every song is the same with him.

OK, so.......this is really tough. I literally could be anyone's game. I know Emily will be shocked to hear this, but I kind of hope Adam goes home tonight. But, I'm worried for Danny. Neither of his songs was overly memorable. (Way to sabatoge him, Paula). What did you all think??

3 comments:

The Samples Sampler said...

I was annoyed that all the judges said that Adam will win! Freaking judges. You are right about all his songs sounding the same. I loved "One" until he turned it into a show-tune. Danny's second song brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful! I really, really like Kris, but sadly I think he will be going home. *sigh* But for the record, we voted for Danny and Kris as many times as we could!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Erin...but I thought Kris's second song was the best of the night even though Danny's Joe Cocker song was awesome...these guys are all incredible....should be an exciting finish!

Mark and Emily said...

Ya!!!! The words I've been waiting to read for weeks now!!! I'm glad you have finally seen the light Erin, I don't judge you for taking so long...

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...