Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Momma!!



There once was a young and beautiful momma.




*Cough* No, not me. I'm talking about MY momma.




Now that I am a momma myself, I realize more and more the hard work and long hours she put in to raising us, usually without much praise or gratitude. The endless days and nights, always with a smile on her face.......well, most of the time. I realize now the love she really had for us, and the sacrifices she made in her own life for our happiness. I really appreciate everything she did for us growing up -- and for everything she is still doing.




I am so grateful that she is the mother I ended up with. I have learned so much from her. She has a strength and tenacity that admire so much. I'm not sure what else I can say about her that has not already been said.




Mom, as a girl, you were an amazing mother.....and now as a woman, you are truly my best friend. You've been a friend to laugh with, a shoulder to cry on, a sounding board and comfort. I feel very inept in expressing my love, admiration and respect for you, because my words just can't convey exactly how I feel. While most kids get told, "I hope you have one just like you"....well, I hope I can BE a mother just like you.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL, AWESOME MOTHER!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mother!

Your mama said...

Thank you for the bestest present ever!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...