Thursday, May 14, 2009

Idol Results and stress over cold and flu season

So, the Idol results were somewhat shocking for me last night. I really thought Danny would have stayed over Kris....but I guess, what is Idol without a couple of twists and shocks. I did say from week one (when it was the top 24 that either Danny or Adam should win -- guess I still have a shot at being right). I tell you though, it brought a tear to my eye when they were doing the videos from back home and Kris and his dad were hugging in the driveway. It was really emotional.

OK, now who do I lodge a complaint about this freaking weather to? I am so tired of the warm, rainy, snow, warm, snow, rain.....and it is playing havok on my sinuses and my kids' immune systems. Poor Rand had to stay home from school today because he woke up just hacking his lungs out. He says his head, throat and stomache hurt. He has a fever, and has thrown up a couple of times. Ross called me at work to make sure there was no reason for him to HAVE to go to school today and explained to me what was going on. It was not the best news I could have recieved after just finding out from my supervisor at the hospital that we now have two patients who are confirmed to have the H1N1 Virus (swine flu). And poor Rand......I really want to let him stay home tomorrow too since it is only a half day, but he has a Provincial exam that he can't miss.....so he's going to have to suffer through it. I feel so bad for him. So aside from soup, lots of fluids and freezies, he's just getting lots of hugs and free reign of the television.

3 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

Poor sick kids, I hope it warms up permanently there and here! And ya, I just finished watching last nights and it was sad to see Danny go, but I like Kris. Maybe because he is paired with Adam...and we all know my feelings on Adam!

The Samples Sampler said...

Did you see Simon's face when Kris was told he was in the finale?!?! PRICELESS! I almost fell off the couch when Kris made it through. We were really hoping for a Danny/Kris finale, but stupid, creepy Adam has too many fans! I wonder (and hope) if all of Danny's fans will vote for Kris next week? I hope so!

Your Mama said...

Poor, poor Rand!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...