Thursday, May 28, 2009

Has it really been 5 years already??

Photobucket

(Ryker ----just moments old)

So, today is Ryker's 5th birthday. That completely boggles my mind. I swear I just had him last week. In the past five years his growth on all levels has astounded me. Every day becomes an adventure in, “who are you?” Just when I *think* I’ve got this mothering thing figured out, when I’ve come to a better understanding of who he is… he changes again! Oh, but these are always good changes. He finds new ways to express himself. His speech becomes more sophisticated; his ability to understand nuances more keen. I feel truly lucky to be witness to his growth.

Ryker is the most cuddly and compassionate child I have ever met. He is sweet and affectionate, as well as smart and observant. He always is quick with a smile, and gives the best hugs in the world. All you have to do is ask....and really, half the time you don't even need to ask. He just gives them. And they are real and deep and sincere, and sometimes go on for hours.

My dear, sweet Ryker -- You have inspired me by just being you. The relentless effort you put into discovering the world and developing your skills in all its tiny variations have astounded me more than once. It makes me wonder why and when we lose the ambition and energy to be so vigorous in developing ourselves.

You, my third child, my baby forever, melt my heart. I could end this blog post right here. Wipe my hands clean of what I want to say and call it a day, "Happy 5th birthday." You. My love. Are the one that came to us at such a difficult time in our family's life and helped us realize that life is so precious. I can never thank you enough and for that I am forever thankful. You are so special.

Keep on filling the pages of your book in your unique way. I’ll be reading along and helping you along the way.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pic of you and Ryker! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ryker hugs....there is nothing in the world better! So glad he moved closer to me!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...