Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Don't Ever Let Anyone Step All Over You

*Bonus points if you can name the song that the title is referring to".




I'm a people-pleaser. I've said it many times before, and I'm sure you'll hear me say it again. I don't like drama. I don't like confrontation. I don't like when people are mad at me. I am an expert at just letting things roll off my back or ignoring someone when they are being rude. I try to be like Taylor Swift and just Shake It Off. I seem to have a high tolerance for other people's bullshit and it takes A LOT to make me angry.



But I do have my limits. I'm human. Just because I keep quiet, or just because I smile, or just because I try to turn uncomfortable situations into a joke and make people laugh, doesn't mean that I'm not angry or sad or disappointed on the inside. I just don't show it because most of the time it wouldn't be productive. 



Sure, it would probably feel good for a minute to just say whatever I'm feeling (which may involve a few four-letter words), but what would it accomplish at the end of the day? Only more drama. More negativity and conflict. Sometimes when I'm feeling more upset than usual, I'll vent to a friend (usually my husband), and then once I get it out, I feel better. 


Lately, though, I find it harder and harder to hold things in. The thread that keeps my filter in place is fraying at an alarming rate. I find myself wondering why I have allowed myself to become a doormat to other people. That they can say or do whatever and I just take it. I can guarantee that if the situations were reversed, they would balk at being treated that way. 

I still say killing with kindness is the best solution, but if that fails... well, let's just say I'll be in the corner sharpening my verbal claws. 

I am woman. Hear me roar.  Raaawwwrrrrr. ;)

**And just because I'm a blog perfectionist, I feel I need to apologize for the lack of continuity in the spacing of this post.  For some reason, it's not spacing the paragraphs properly**

No comments:

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...