Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Wednesday Weekly Gratitude Post #3

So, this weeks post is all about about family.  I've decided specifically to post about my mom's family.  My mother was the youngest child of 6 +1 adopted nephew.  It was all started back in 1948 by this amazing couple right here.


Growing up in this family was nothing short of amazing.  I was the 6th oldest of 38+ immediate cousins.  There was never a shortage of friends and someone to play with.  We would get together every Christmas and 4th of July, and it was always so much fun.




In 1999, we lost granny.  She embodied the spirit of the family matriarch and was the glue that held us all together.  You can read more about my feelings on losing her here.  The family hasn't ever been quite the same since that day.  But I'm grateful for the wonderful childhood I got to have thanks, in no small part, to this big, loud, crazy, wonderful family.

I'm also grateful for my own family of origin.  Having parents who tried their best to teach us to be strong, moral, and wonderful people.  I will forever be grateful to God for blessing me with my wonderful family.


And finally, the family that my wonderful husband and I have created.  These fantastic men are my entire world, and I have embraced being the only queen in our little castle.  I love them all beyond measure, and am filled with overflowing gratitude for them every single day.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have such an amazing family! ;)

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...