Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wednesday Weekly Gratitude Post #2

This weeks prompt was to post about our spouse/significant other.

12 Reasons Why I Love My Husband


1.  My husband is truly my best friend.  We tell each other everything, and we quite literally never get tired of each other's company.

2.  I enjoy spending time with him.  Being together is important to us.  Even if we are both on our own computers doing our own things, at least we are still in the same room, occupying each other's space.  And we will continuously talk to each other, dipsite doing our own thing.

3.  We have a lot of the same interests.  Whether its TV shows, games, travelling.....we like a lot of  the same things, and we like doing those things together.  I'm not an opposites attract kind of girl.  I believe that common interests are very important.  (The fact that he's not into sports as much as I am, is something I can overlook.  LOL)

4.  We are on the same page about finances.  For the most part I leave this up to him, but he's careful to not squander or overextend us, and when I want or need anything, I am secure in knowing I can have it.  Considering the #1 cause of divorce is financial issues, I'm glad we don't have that black cloud hanging over us.

5.  We don't need to constantly be "entertained" to enjoy time together.  Quality time doesn't have to be filled with expensive nights out every weekend.  Sometimes the funnest times we have are just cuddled up in bed watching our favorite shows or movies.

6.  He makes me laugh daily.  I enjoy is offbeat sense of humor.

7.  We don't try to "one up" each other.  I am proud of his accomplishments and encourage him in his pursuits.  And he does the same for me.  No one is a bigger supporter of me and the things that I do than my husband.  It's not a competition between us.  You should be your spouses biggest fan, not a rival. 

8.  He loves me when  I don't love myself.  I can often get down on myself when it comes to my looks and my weight.  But he is always quick to let me know how beautiful he thinks I am.  It makes me feel better knowing that someone loves me just the way I am.  

9.  He's disciplined and hard working.  I'll admit that sometimes his workaholic attitude drives me a little batty, but in the end it speaks to his strong character and his belief in himself.

10.  He is wise and rational.  I often defer to his decision making, because where I am emotional he is calm.  I appreciate his ability to balance things out and make well thought decision.

11.  He's a great father to his 4 sons, and is always working hard to show them what it means to be a good man.

12.  We are excited about our future together.  I always feel bad for people who say things like "I can't retire....I'd drive my wife crazy" or "I wish my husbands job would make him travel more so I could have time for myself".  After 20 years together, we still aren't sick of each other and are always ready to see what roller coaster the future holds for us.  


No comments:

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...