Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Thursday Thirteen


In honor of today being Thanksgiving here in the USA, I am going to list 13 things that I am thankful for.


1. God (and by extension Freedom of Religion) Because with out Him nothing is possible, but with Him nothing is impossible.


2. My children. Three of the absolute most wonderful boys a mother could ask for.


3. My husband, who is my best friend, my confidante, my sounding board and my protector.


4. My parents without whose love, guidance and patience, I wouldn't be the person I am today.


5. My friends -- girls who I swear are more like sisters to me than friends. People I know I can share, laugh and cry with about anything under the sun


6. Music -- it is such a huge part and a great influence in my life. How truly dreary this world would be without music.


7. My relatively good health and my recent desire to keep myself that way


8. My talents.....which I thank God every day for giving me and allowing me to share


9. My grandmother -- who although she passed away 9 years ago, is still a very strong influence in my life. She was an amazing, wonderful, strong woman. I only hope I can live to be half the woman she was.


10. My freedom -- to live, love, worship, think and BE any way I chose.


11. The power of forgiveness, repentance and the plan of salvation.


12. Technology, which allows me to keep in touch and reaquaint myself with family and friends who are not nearby.


13. Hope -- for without it there is no drive to achieve my dreams

1 comment:

Karen said...

what a beautiful list, Erin.

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...