Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Amazing Men In My Life

"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."
~Clarence Budington Kelland~




This is the man.....






*who used to sing "Grandpa's Little Girl" to me



*whom I would wait for patiently every day to come home from work



*who gave me an appreciation for, and better understanding of, the Gospel



*who inspired me to be a journal writer and, by extention, a blogger



*who taught me to take pride in my yard



*who kept me captivated and entertained by his many stories



*who I love and miss every single day



This is the man.....



*who CHOSE to be my dad



*who taught me how to whistle, tie my shoes and ride a bike



*who helped me and encouraged me to take my education seriously (even if I didn't always listen)



*who showed me by example what it is to have a strong work ethic



*who helped me buy my first car, and get into college



*who shares my appreciation of root beer, scary movies, and Thousand Island salad dressing



*who taught me (probably without even realizing it) to be comfortable in your own skin, and own who you are without excuses



*who I am proud to say is my dad




This is the man.....



*who gave me the three most amazing children on the planet



*who has encouraged me to express myself more



*who has helped me stand up for myself



*who has turned me into a pretty amazing cook



*who makes me laugh with his rediculous made up song lyrics



*who loves, honors and protects me



*who shares my weird sense of humor



*who allows me to be myself



*who supports me in all I chose to do



*who has been a terrific friend, partner in crime, and husband for almost 12 years





*~*~*~These are the three men who have helped make me who I am. I love them all, and am grateful for their place in my life.*~*~*~



HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!!

1 comment:

Your Mama said...

OK...I am crying like a little baby...what an awesome tribute Erin!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...