Thursday, October 29, 2015

Let Me Tell You About My Perfect World

Obviously, in a truly perfect for ME world, I would be wealthy enough to never have to work again.  I could travel the world, read books on the beach, volunteer, explore,  and enjoy every minute that this life has to offer.....and I would eat and drink what I wanted an never gain an ounce. Other than that, here are some things you would find in MY perfect world:

Food & Drink
Pasta, pizza, popcorn, salt and vinegar chips, Dr, Pepper, cheese, steaks and baked potatoes would be the healthy no-cal food.  But I'd also eat ALL the veggies....because they are delicious.  Well, except brussel sprouts.  Nasty.

The Human Condition and Governance
No one would be hungry, dirty, abused, neglected, illiterate, forgotten, lonely homeless, or dealing with serious illness or addiction.

All children would be safe and loved. and no parent would have to ever outlive their child.  People would not be allowed to abuse the system(s) for any reason.


Rich, old white men would not rule everything.  There truly would be equality for ALL races, religions, creeds, and orientations.  Under this would also fall equal pay for equal work

Violent crimes including rape, murder, and child molestation would not exist.

Government officials would turn blue when they told a lie, and there would be term limits in place for said officials.  Presidents, prime ministers, and other heads of state would no longer get health insurance and pensions for life.  Time to start saving your own dollars and building a retirement fund....because right now, you are also a lazy ass who is abusing the system.  (Hey, I just call it like I see it).

Work
The work week would be 4 days long, and every weekend would be a 3-day weekend.

Standard vacation time would be 4 weeks to start, and everyone would get a week of sick time.  All of this would rollover year to year if it wasn't used.

No one would have to work on their birthday.

Personal
Allergies would not exist

I would eat and drink whatever I wanted and be healthy and slim...and everything in my closet would look amazing on me.

I would be able to thrive on 5 hours of sleep a night

My kids would live close enough to always have Sunday dinner at home.


**sigh**  It's a lovely dream, isn't it?







No comments:

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...