Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Live in Your Season

My friend Megan left her professional life after her oldest child was born.
She told me once that she used to worry about it.

"Will I ever get back in the game? Will I excel again? Will I be a success?"

On one occasion when she was fretting about it, her mentor told her to “live in her season.”
“Now is your season of motherhood,” she said. “There will be plenty of time later for you to focus on your career.”

I think about that a lot… about living in my season.

I haven’t been particularly focused on my career since I became a mother.
Consequently, I’m not winning any awards for my innovation or influence in my field.

Instead, I’m doing what I can at fourty hours a week, and at the same time prioritizing family life in general.

As a result, I've established a good work – life balance.

That feels important... and worth it.

But sometimes I still have moments where I worry that I should be trying harder professionally.
In those moments I try to remind myself...

"Live in your season, friend."

Now is my season of motherhood.

2 comments:

DeeMomof6 said...

Thanks for this post. I will have make myself a note and post it to remind myself to live in my season. Love it. Tell your friend thanks too.

Your Mama said...

GOODER!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...