Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cures for Morning Sickness

OK, so I recently found out that my dear cousin, Emily and her husband Mark are expecting their first......and second. Yup, it's twins!!!! She's apparently had some serious morning sickness going on and is wanting some ideas to stave off the nausea.

Now I know every pregnancy is different, and some things may not work as well for people as others, but here are a few things that I found to be a Godsend when I was pregnant -- and I've done it a time or thrice. Here are my top 5 suggestions:

1. Drinking Sprite, Ginger Ale or Lemonade or peppermint herbal tea

2. Eating Salt & Vinegar chips -- apparently, nausea can be caused by excess saliva, and the chips help dry up your salivary gland.

3. Buy a small vial of lavender or lemon oil and dab it on your wrists whenever you start to feel sick.

4. Sometimes morning sickness can be caused by not having enough protein in your diet.....so load up a little more. -- and carbs too.....crackers, dry cereal and toast are great nausea cures

5. Stay well hydrated.....morning sickness can be brought on by dehydration

2 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

Ya, thanks! I have tried #1 and even bought real ginger ale, it saved me in the beginning but no longer does. I'll try the peppermint tea.

I have not tried number two but that makes sense. Same with number three.

I have done 4 and 5 although I could try forcing down some more protein. The thing is I either have eaten one food so many times that I can't stand the sight of it, or I've thrown it up and can't stomach it. I keep running out of food options on my already limited appetite!

Thanks for the suggestions, I love it and will be trying some tonight!

Karen said...

Good luck to Emily and Mark...they are in for a wonderful ride. :)

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...