Monday, September 7, 2009

Random Blah Blah: Facebook Edition

  • Facebook is the latest in a long string of things that I’m fascinated by and totally overuse until the novelty wears off. One look at my profile, and it’s obvious how obsessy I am.

  • Both Twitter AND my blog have suffered as a result of my obsess-i-ness. (And by “suffered,” I mean “not had many posts, which nobody has noticed or cared about but me.”)

  • I post status updates multiple times per day, upload excessive photos, comment on other people’s posts, hit the “like” button a lot, etc. etc. etc. etc. I think it is ALL awesome and I just KNOW that everybody else thinks it’s awesome, too.

  • When I see other people who post status updates multiple times per day, upload excessive photos, comment on other people’s posts, and hit the “like” button a lot, I understand this means they are losers and think, “Geez, get a LIFE already.”

  • Some article recently made the rounds called “The 12 Most Annoying Facebook Users” or something like that, and I refused to read it because I was certain I’d be at least four of them.

  • When I see people with more friends than me I understand what that really means — they are liars and posers. NOBODY really has that many friends.
  • When I see that I have more friends than other people, I’m proud of myself for being so incredibly popular.

  • For this reason, I’ve only “un-friended” two people since I started using Facebook. They both hurt my feelings and it was my way of giving them the finger.

  • I’ve recently embraced the “hide” feature as a wonderfully cowardly alternative to un-friending someone. Dude who tells inappropriate and totally not funny jokes about naggy wives? HIDE. Bible Passage Lady? HIDE. Super Duper Happy All The Time Lady? HIDE. I don’t have to read their annoying posts, and they have no idea how much I hate them. It’s a Win/Win, as far as I’m concerned.

  • I’m absolutely CERTAIN that a LOT of people have hidden my updates. I desperately want a Facebook app to find out who they are so I can hate them too.

  • I’m in a Mexican Stand-Off with at least three of the people who always appear on my “Friend Suggestions” list. I’m not sure if they know or care that we’re in a Mexican Stand-Off, but we totally are. And I’m winning.

  • I hate obvious fan groups. Why does anyone need to join a group to prove they’re a fan of “Movies”? Or “Sex”? Aren’t those things kind of givens? Do we really need a group of fans to show their support for “Sleep”? Or “Bacon”? Come on. EVERYBODY loves bacon! DUH.

  • However, the new group called “Fans of Erin” is TOTALLY OKAY TO JOIN. TOTALLY. OKAY.
  • 3 comments:

    Mark and Emily said...

    Haha!! I love it! Your so honest and that is hilarious! By the way I didn't know about the hiding thing...I'm going to have to figure that one out, not to use on you of course, but for the long lost people who I never talk to but are my facebook friends to up the numbers of my popularity contest/friends list friend!

    The Samples Sampler said...

    I love the hide function! And I have a few friend requests that I haven't answered yet.About some of them I think: "Seriously, you are the younger sister of the younger brother of the younger brother of a person I went to High School with. Were you even born when I knew your sibling?"

    Your Mama said...

    Geez you make me laugh Erin...like Em said...so honest! Keep the posts coming!

    Believe in Yourself

    Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...