There were a couple of these contestants that I was really looking forward to hearing from tonight. Some disappointed, others did not. Let's get right into the action.
1. Shelbie -- "Work Hard, Play Harder" : She has great showmanship; she works the stage really well. She was flat in a couple of places, but the girl has some pretty powerful pipes. I think, however, that she started off too low and wasn't able to really show off her range.
2. Manny -- "Adventure of a Lifetime" : This wasn't a horrible performance, but it was kind of boring and forgettable.....and what he Hell was he wearing.
3. Kory -- "Let it Go" : He's got a nice voice, but I think he focussed too much on the piano and not enough on the vocals. It was a little disconnected.
*Side note -- I'm feeling a little disconnected myself. Here we are 3 songs in and I have have never heard a single one of these. Me!!! Of all people; the girl who knows every song ever made....well, not quite, but you get what I'm saying.
4. Amelia -- "Wake me Up" : I don't like this song slowed down. I think her choreography was too rehearsed. The pitch was too low, and she was nasally. This was just another "meh" performance for me.
5. Jenn -- "Sorry" : Sadly, the novelty of this girl has worn off for me.l I didn't like a single thing about this performance. She was out of tune the whole time and it was just weird.
*Side note #2 -- why is Harry is such a cranky mood tonight? He's being a total hard ass. And why is everyone making such bizarre song choices? This night is just odd.
6. CJ -- "I'll Be" : OK, so I liked the beginning of this song, but then the rest just kind of fell off for me. The vibrato at the end was just too much, and it seemed like a karaoke bar rendition; there was no originality to it at all. Also, why does someone have to choose this song EVERY. SINGLE. SEASON?!? I'm over it.
7. Lee - "Runaway" : I wasn't sure about this kid; and while I found it a little boring, I think he's definitely improved over Hollywood week.
8. Trent -- "What Are You Listening To" : I really like this guy. He's just so sweet and humble. I think he had a great connection to the song, and the vocal was good.
9. Tristan -- "Good Girl" : This is another contestant that I really like. This performance wasn't fantastic, but I still really like her. I think she will likely stick around.
10. Adam -- "Black & Gold" : This was another good, not great performance. I admit, I don't remember this guy from the auditions or Hollywood weeks. But he's a good singer, even though his song choice sucked (much like everyone tonight).
11. Dalton -- "Rebel Yell" : This was the performance I was waiting all night for, and I was not disappointed. The things he does with songs is amazing, and I've loved every things he's done so far this season. My #1 front runner since the first audition.
12. Olivia -- "Confident" : She had great power right from the beginning. It was not a super way to end the night, but it was a good performance. She'll stick around, too.
I hope this year is the best one yet -- for each and every one of you!!
So, the other day I was doing some laundry in my room and half listening to the TV droning on behind me. It was an old rerun of a Golden Gi...
So, this is something I've decided to do quarterly here on my blog. I subscribe to an AWESOME website called, of course, FITFABFUN. I ...
Martina McBride – White Christmas Let it Snow | Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas | Silver Bells | Hark! The Herald Angels ...