There were a couple of these contestants that I was really looking forward to hearing from tonight. Some disappointed, others did not. Let's get right into the action.
1. Shelbie -- "Work Hard, Play Harder" : She has great showmanship; she works the stage really well. She was flat in a couple of places, but the girl has some pretty powerful pipes. I think, however, that she started off too low and wasn't able to really show off her range.
2. Manny -- "Adventure of a Lifetime" : This wasn't a horrible performance, but it was kind of boring and forgettable.....and what he Hell was he wearing.
3. Kory -- "Let it Go" : He's got a nice voice, but I think he focussed too much on the piano and not enough on the vocals. It was a little disconnected.
*Side note -- I'm feeling a little disconnected myself. Here we are 3 songs in and I have have never heard a single one of these. Me!!! Of all people; the girl who knows every song ever made....well, not quite, but you get what I'm saying.
4. Amelia -- "Wake me Up" : I don't like this song slowed down. I think her choreography was too rehearsed. The pitch was too low, and she was nasally. This was just another "meh" performance for me.
5. Jenn -- "Sorry" : Sadly, the novelty of this girl has worn off for me.l I didn't like a single thing about this performance. She was out of tune the whole time and it was just weird.
*Side note #2 -- why is Harry is such a cranky mood tonight? He's being a total hard ass. And why is everyone making such bizarre song choices? This night is just odd.
6. CJ -- "I'll Be" : OK, so I liked the beginning of this song, but then the rest just kind of fell off for me. The vibrato at the end was just too much, and it seemed like a karaoke bar rendition; there was no originality to it at all. Also, why does someone have to choose this song EVERY. SINGLE. SEASON?!? I'm over it.
7. Lee - "Runaway" : I wasn't sure about this kid; and while I found it a little boring, I think he's definitely improved over Hollywood week.
8. Trent -- "What Are You Listening To" : I really like this guy. He's just so sweet and humble. I think he had a great connection to the song, and the vocal was good.
9. Tristan -- "Good Girl" : This is another contestant that I really like. This performance wasn't fantastic, but I still really like her. I think she will likely stick around.
10. Adam -- "Black & Gold" : This was another good, not great performance. I admit, I don't remember this guy from the auditions or Hollywood weeks. But he's a good singer, even though his song choice sucked (much like everyone tonight).
11. Dalton -- "Rebel Yell" : This was the performance I was waiting all night for, and I was not disappointed. The things he does with songs is amazing, and I've loved every things he's done so far this season. My #1 front runner since the first audition.
12. Olivia -- "Confident" : She had great power right from the beginning. It was not a super way to end the night, but it was a good performance. She'll stick around, too.
If I could tell you anything -- I mean anything.....and you would believe me, here's what I'd say. You are enough. You are so ...
Dear Max; We made it, Buddy! Happy 18th birthday! Do you feel any different than you did yesterday? Maybe you should. Today marks...
HEY, YOU. You are enough. That big dream you have, the one that seems far too big and bold and grand to ever really be ...
You take them both, and there you have the facts of life. :P (OK, enough reminiscing about my childhood TV habits.) Dear You, ...