Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Idol Chatter (Still more from Hollywood Week)

Alrighty folks.....here we go again with another rousing edition of Idol Chatter. Because we're still in Hollywood mode and not the meat of the show, I am basically jsut going to give you my bullet point thoughts about the show as they come to me while watching. So here we go:

-The dude who sang "Believe" by Cher, did a really bad rendition of a good song

-Matt the dueling pianist did a fantastic job of "Georgia on my Mind"

- Jamar sang "Hey there, Delilah" and I hated it

-Danny sang "I Hope You Dance". I loved it. I thought his vocals were much stronger than last week. He actually gave me goosebumps when he hit the chorus

- Anook is totally my dark horse pick to win the whole thing

-Scott (the blind guy) had a couple of flat moments, but an overall awesome performance

- Steevie sang "Bubbly" by Colbie Callait. I hate that song with a passion, and in turn didnt' care much for her audition

- Kristen sang "Because of You" and was way too shouty

- Mishavonna sang that Michael Buble song, and overall was pretty good

- Tatiana does WAY too many vocal acrobatics and she is turning into a really annoying diva wannabe

And can I just say now, anyone that forgets their lyrics at this point in the game should be immediately cut. Thank you

- Norman Gentle needs to be shot out of a cannon back to whatever coo coo land he came from. I am so over this moron

-Ju'Not did an AMAZING rendition of "Hey there, Delilah". I absolutely loved it

- Kaelyn Lloyd.....I don't even remember what song she sang, but all I want to say is this: Who the Hell chews gum during a huge life changing audition like this? What a dolt!

- Laneasha sang "Love Song".....meh, I didn't care for it

- Michael, the oil rigger, I like him.....but his audition sounded a bit "off" tonight

I was kinda stunned that the first group made it through. Especially the black guy in the blue sweater who forgot his lyrics TWICE and ended up quitting and walking off stage. How does someone like that make it through? And I really can't believe some in the last group made it either (cough, cough, Norman Gentle and Tatiana, cough, cough)

So there you have it in a nutshell folks. Comments?

2 comments:

The Samples Sampler said...

I really like Micheal. I think he is my favourite, although it is hard to say because everyone still looks and sounds the same! Tatiana HAS GOT TO GO!!! We couldn't believe she made it through. Do you think they are keeping her on to up the drama factor? I loved Matt's rendition of "Georgia"!

Mark and Emily said...

I was surprised by a lot of who they kept, why don't they just slim it down already?!! I like Lil' Round or whatever her name is too.

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...