Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Idol Chatter (Hollywood Week day 1 & 2)

Well, if last nights episode is any indication, this season is shaping up to be a very interesting on. I just jotted down a few notes about a few of the singers. I don't like to get to indepth with my comments until we are at the top 24. So just quick little notes about a few of the standouts.....good and bad.

Lil started off the show with "I will always love you". Albiet a ballsy choice, I thought she sounded flat.

Dennis, deservedly was booted. And what a poor sport. He was lucky to make it to Hollywood in the first place.

Anoop -- I gotta say people, I am a HUGE fan of this kid. He's great.

Jasmine sang "The trouble with love" and was hot, hot, hot!!

Rose -- I didn't like her original audition, and I really didn't like her tonight. I thought she murdered "Dock of the Bay" and should have been sent home.

Steven (black guy with the big afro) was great.

Jorge -- I loved him, he was awesome.

Von was a bit shouty. Simon nailed it by calling him annoying. I don't think he should have been allowed to stay either.

Nick "Norman Gentle" sucked again. He's a hack comedian, who can't sing. I completely disagree with Randy saying that this guy has any musical skills whatsoever. It's unreal that he made it through. The guy is a joke.

Frankie -- although we didn't get to see her sing, I was glad to hear she made it through.

Jackie I thought completely invoked the power of Joplin. She rocked!!

Jamar sang "California Dreamin'" and I thought he was pretty freakin good. The kid has some serious skills.

Danny, the man who lost his wife.....I thought "Kiss from a Rose" was a bad song choice for him. It sounded really forced and out of his comfort range. I think he's lucky to have made it through.

Bikini Girl.....I am so over her. She's boring. She has a mediocre voice, and will only get so far in life on her looks (which really aren't all that great)

Jeremy, the oil rigger guy, was pretty good.

Jesus was another one that chose the wrong song. I was sad to see him get cut.

David Osmond I absolutely loved.

Emily, the rocker chick, should have stuck with her original song choice. She shouldn't have made it through either.

So all in all......I was glad to see that mostly the great talent stayed for another day....but there were a few that really should have gone home.

1 comment:

Mark and Emily said...

I mostly agree, I really like the Indian guy. It seems this year that they are paying somewhat more attention to talent than to people with a story. I know they still have some in there, but I'm happy with who they cut last night and the ones you mentioned you didn't like I'm sure won't make it to the top 24, at least I hope not...

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...