Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Idol Chatter (2nd group of 12)

Before I begin with this weeks contestant recap, I would just like to call out Seacrest's wardrobe people. Are you purposely trying to piss me off. The guy is hosting the biggest show on television and he comes out in jeans and a golf shirt. Are you kidding me? Really? And then to put Simon in a white shirt instead of his trademark black. Something just isn't right. Of course, the one constant with the judges.....Paula looked absolutely plastered. Or high. Or both.

Anyway, on to the contestants, shall we:

1. Jasmine - "Love Song": I think that the song was too low for her and she tried to hide that with a lot of vocal acrobatics. She was flat throughout the whole song. This made me sad because I really have liked her from the beginning.

2. Matt G. - "Viva la Vida": He had a bit too much vibrato going on in his voice which didn't translate well into all the runs he was doing. He was nervous and it showed.

3. Jeanine - "This Love": Ouch!! She was really pitchy. The entire song was painful to listen to. I thought it was horrible.

4. Nick Mitchell / Norman Gentle - "You're gonna love me": I thought it was very nasally and rediculous. I am so ready to get rid of this moron. I didn't find it even remotely entertaining.

5. Allison - "Alone": I love this song, and I thought that so far she was the best of the night. She had a pitchy moment or two in the chorus, but I thought she rocked it. Amazingly I agreed with Paula. For being only 16, this girl is really good.

6. Kris - "Man in the Mirror": I liked this performance. He had a nice, clear sound. I was a little worried when I heard he was going to be doing a Michael Jackson number, but I thought he pulled it off well. It wasn't fantastic, but it was really good.

7. Meagan - "Put Your Records On": Her dancing like a four year old and ugly tattoo sleeve notwithstanding, I thought it was a pretty decent performance. I agree with Simon it started a lot better than it ended, but it was still pretty good.

8. Matt B - "When she says she loves me": I really like this, and thought he sounded great. He didn't over sing or play with his vocals. He actually sang it a bit slower than the original, which I liked. I think the judges were completely wrong on this one. Not every amazing song has to be a power number.

9. Jesse - "Bette Davis Eyes": I really liked this, suprisingly, because I didn't originally think she deserved to be in the Top 36. And seriously, what's this world coming to when I'm agreeing with Paula during an episode more than Simon. Freaky.

10. Kai - "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted": He was onkey and pretty good, but I found the overall performance pretty boring.

11. Mishavonna - "Drops of Jupiter": I didn't care for the 'breathiness' in her high notes. It makes me think that she can't hit them naturally. In fact, the entire song sounded unnatural to me. I didn't like her "wardrobe malfunction" either. She is always in those stupid leggings underneath dresses. Ugh.

12. Adam - "Satisfaction": This number was fan freakin tastic. I thought he was great. This guy is a total rock star. H reminded me a lot of David Cook from last season. He had amazing range in the chorus and his ending note was insane. Best of the night bar none.

My prediction for the top three is:

Adam, Allison and ...... um,.......well I'm gonna say its probably going to be Jesse in the third spot.

Let me know your thoughts.

4 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

O.k I have to totally disagree with you on Adam, I hate him!!!! He is way too over the top for me, he belongs on broadway not AI!! I can't even tell you the number of ways that he annoys me...yes he can sing, theatrically...but I can't get over how annoying he is to really open up and listen to him!
However I loved Allison! Don't really remember her from previous shows and she was a total wierdo (nerves?) when she wasn't singin, but man she can sing, reminds me of Kelly Clarkson! I thought she was the best of the night.

Anonymous said...

OK....the Adam guy has pipes...wow...but freaky to watch...he's kind of creepy...Allison was great....and I loved Norman Gentle...the guy makes me laugh and on a rather boring night of singing was totally entertaining....teehee
Adam...Allison...and hopefully the big dude.....kk

SongbirdMama said...

OK, I admit the Adam guy is a little creepy to watch, but a lot of people said that about David Cook last year too...and he ended up winning the whole damn thing.

Mark and Emily said...

I am telling you, last night when he sang again after making into the top 12 - I TURNED THE CHANNEL!! He annoys me to no end, I couldn't even watch or listen to him again! He seems like a nice enough person, but ya, I don't think I'll be jumping on the Adam train ever!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...