Friday, February 13, 2009

Idol Chatter (The Top 36)

I think an alternate title for this blog could also be "Really? Really Judges?"

Anyway, I apologize to all my loyal Idol blog readers that I have been 2 days late on getting this one up. I think part of me is still in shock over the results. So, I will not keep you waiting anymore. Here's my thoughts on Wednesday nights show:

-Anoop....it was a no brainer that this guy was going to make it. I heart him. I think he's my favorite.

- Von was a bit of a shocker. I thought he was a little to dramatic and theatrical.

- The Cody/Alex sing off...I think they both picked the wrong song but Alex had a better voice. The judges kept the right one in this case.

- Adam, suprisingly makes it. Word of advice for the future -- make better song choices

-Taylor should not have made it

- Jasmine was another no brainer. I think she's fantastic

- And can I just say Yay for Steevie. Glad she's through. I like her

At this point in the show I find it necessary to point out that I think some of the judges decisions on who to put through are confusing to me. A lot of the people being told yes, are people who I don't even remember seeing throughout the audition process. Who are these people?? Moving on.....

- Joanna is another one who chose the wrong song. She made it. I don't get it. People who forget the lyrics should not get put through.

- Kristen / Blonde chick who auditioned with her hubby Sing off......I thought Kristens rendition of "I will always love you" was horrible. I don't agree with which one the judges put through, but I totally agree with Simon that neither one of them was ever going to win.

- Alexis....can anyone tell me why she made it? I am really started to get frustrated with the judges decisions here. I don't get it!

- Scott, the blind guy.....I'm glad he made it. He really does have a great voice.

- Lil Rounds definately deserved her way through. That girl has pipes!

- Frankie/Jessie sing off. I love Frankie, but she totally chose the wrong song. I didn't like Jessies voice at all, and Simon didn't either, and told her her song choice was horrible. So why is it that Jessie made it through? I did not agree with judges decision in this one.

-Allison is another one that I don't remember, and yet she made it. Weird!

-Danny and Jamar are such an amazing display of friendship. I was thrilled that Danny made it but completely stunned that Jamar did not.

- I was also glad to hear that Ju'Not and Jorge made it through

- Steven Fowler......I think I threw a shoe at my TV over this one. How does a guy who forgets his lyrics TWICE and goes storming off stage make it, and a great singer like Jamar does not. That one really pissed me off. A LOT!!

- Nick "Norman Gentle" Mitchell.....um......uh.....I am....completely.....gobsmacked that this guy made it.

- Tatiana....again, sigh. This chick is like the annoying neighborhood kid that we all grew up with. No one liked her and no one wanted to play with her because she was just so full of drama and stupid antics. If she's not gone in the first couple of episodes I may have to stop watching the show. And you can tell Simon was outvoted on this one. He DID NOT want her through.

- Jackie is a really sweet girl and I was happy for her that she made it.

- Nathanial.....again I have to ask, Really? Really AI Judges? Are you sure? Really?

- Kai Kalama I was happy to see put through. I kinda like him.

-Rough neck / Oil Rigger sing off.....this one started out with me ready to cry. I loved both of these guys all the way through. How were the judges going to be able to pick one and send the other home. They are both so great. So..........when they both made it I was really happy. It almost made up for putting Norman Gentle through ---- but not quite.

So there you have it peeps. This is one of the most disappointing casts for me in Idol history, so it is going to be really interesting to see how the season plays out. What are ya'll thinking about it? Talk to me people.

5 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

I really wanted Frankie to go through. I refuse to watch another episode if Tatian gets through another round, she is crazy (although it is funny when Simon makes fun of her!). Did you hear that Joanna Pacitti was kicked off the show? Thank goodness. I was really suprised by the judges choices, I already have people that I hate and love. Next time don't wait 2 days after a show like that girl I was ready to explode! (jk)

Anonymous said...

what do you feel about the girl who got asked to leave she was the one who had already had a contract and the person who replaced her-she was friends with 2 producers of the show that is why she was asked to go liz

Anonymous said...

yay....glad you finally got around to blogging.....we must be related (haha) cause I soooooo agree with you! Tatiana....ugh!

The Samples Sampler said...

I absolutely love the oil rig guy! I know he won't win, but I am still rooting for him. My husband and I were SHOCKED with some of the decisions. I have no idea how the @&#* Tatiana made it through...again! My husband thinks she has a nice voice, but I think he is stupid!

SongbirdMama said...

Awwww...Ryan isn't stupid. She does actually have a half way decent voice. I just cant stand all her bloody theatrics and dramatics and insanity. It completely overshadows any talent she has. And I had not heard about Joanna Pacitti until mom told me today, but glad to hear they kicked her too. That is completely unfair in what is supposed to be an amature competition. I am starting to wonder if that's why the Osmond kid didn't make it either.

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...