Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Idol Chatter: The Top 9














Alright, well lets begin with the wardrobe malfunction of the week. Why are all the judges dressed nice and casually except Kara. She's in a slinky little black glitter dress, and....wait...what the......what are those? Is she wearing leggings?!? Why in the hell would she do that? She looks rediculous.







OK, on to the good stuff. I was soooo excited to hear it was Lennon/McCartney week. I love, love, love their music. Seriously, I don't think I can think of a single song of theirs that I don't love on some level. That being said.....here is what I would have sang if I were on the show this week.





*Aaron -- "The Long & Winding Road": Not my favorite out of him. Not sure if he is getting sick or nervous or something, but his heart just didn't seem to be in this one. But his voice is still fabulous.



*Katie -- "Let it Be": She should have been sitting at the piano singing this one. But at least she wasn't as boring as she has been in past weeks. The arrangement was really nice, and she actually sang it really well. She changed it up just enough, and it was her best performance of the season by far.



*Andrew -- "Can't Buy Me Love": I never figured a cool jazz arrangement would work with this sort of song, but I really liked it. It wasn't the best thing he could have done, and it was definately kind of cheezy, but it had my moving in my chair.



*Mike -- "Eleanore Rigby": I loved it.....aside from the opening line which I didn't like at all. But I completely loved the rest of it. Mike is amazing, I completely adore him.



*Crystal -- "Come Together": How do you not love this girl? She's a freaking phenom. Just amazing! I really think that she is poised to win the entire thing. I could listen to her sing all day.



*Tim -- "All my Lovin'": For the most part, I thought it was pretty good. But he definately could have done more with the song and made better use of the stage. He could be in trouble.



*Casey -- "Jealous Guy": Well, the guy has balls for picking a relatively obscure Lennon song. Not a lot of people are going to know that one and it could be a great asset or a really big mistake. He had a bit too much vibrato, but I still think he sounded fantastic. I'm liking him more every week.



*Siobhan -- "Across the Universe": I hated it....the whole thing. Her hair and outfit were weird, the song was waaay too slow. It lost me early on. I was completely bored. Worst performance of the night.



*Lee -- "Hey Jude": He started a bit too high, which I think hurt him throughout the song. He was flat, and the bagpiper was distracting. Lee's breath control was totally off. I love him, but I hated this performance.



So, there you have it. I think this weeks bottom three will be Siobhan, Aaron, and either Tim or Andrew. And with Tim spending so much time in the bottom three......I think he may be the one to get sent packing.

1 comment:

Mark and Emily said...

Do you like how I avoid reading your blog every week until I've gotten through AI?! I agree with everything except Lee's performance. I thought it was atleast interesting and I liked the bagpipe! Can't believe Big Mike was about to be sent home, that's just ridiculous!!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...