Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Idol Chatter: The FINAL Two


OK, peeps. This is likely to be my final American Idol post ever. Without Simon next year, I'm not sure that I will be watching. I may have to start blogging about his new show, X Factor. Anyway, I was really going into tonights show with a clear head about not siding with either contestant. I've said from the beginning that Crystal was going to win it, but after last week, I think that Lee definately has what it takes to pull it out. So here is what I think about our final two contestants:


*Lee --


1) "The Boxer": I liked it, but it didn't blow me away like a semi-finalist should. It was a little sleepy, but it was defintately better than the first time. He needs to get a lot more pumped tonight if he wants to win this. I don't understand why he didn't do "Hallelujiah" again. I know he only did it last week, but he got raves about it more than any other performance, so to me it would have been a no-brainer.


2) "Everybody Hurts": Again, I wasn't hugely blown away here. He had trouble with the high notes in the beginning, and he turned it into just another average rock ballad. He stripped all the pain away from the essence of the song.


3) "Beautiful Day": Wait....isn't this a U2 song? Are the American Idol execs so apathetic that they can't even give the winner an original song this year? How sad.....and Lee sucked at this song. He didn't sing it well at all. I hated the entire performance.


Overall, I wasn't hugely impressed with Lee at all tonight. He just didn't seem hungry for it like he did last week. I'm thinking he is in trouble.



*Crystal --


1) "Me & Bobby McGee": Again, better than the first time. She is a consumate professional. She sang that like she meant it. She's here to win, and it's completely obvious. Fantastic job.


2) "Black Velvet": Hmmm......not really liking this arrangement. She was too shouty and the music was too loud behind her. I love her, but this song left me pretty unimpressed.


3) "Because you asked me To": This is why she deserves to win. Brilliant performance. It gave me goosebumps. I loved everything about it. If that song didn't just hand her the title, I don't know what will.


So in the end, I think Crystal deserves it. Yes, Lee has grown more than anybody else, but Crystal has been a solid artist right from day one. I would buy her album today.

2 comments:

Your Mama said...

America DEFINATELY got it WRONG this year! But meh...whatever...hahaha

Mark and Emily said...

So I didn't watch this one or the finale and I was avoiding all media until I watched it. One phone call to my mom and Matt and it was blown!! I am happy Lee won, but I would've been satisfied either way. I do have to say that I think this was the worst season of AI ever!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...