Friday, May 28, 2010

So, Ryker is 6 today.....



It's really hard to put into works how I feel about my youngest child, my baby, turning 6 years old. It's like the beginning of a whole new chapter, and one I'm not entirely sure I'm ready to embrace. I am no longer the mother of a baby boy. He's growing up......literally, right before my eyes. He's taller, he's losing his baby looks. He's so proud of the fact that he finally has two loose teeth......because that means "my baby teeth are falling out, because I'm not a baby anymore". And today, he told me that when he grows up he want's to be a paleontologist......and he KNEW what it meant!!!
His nickname is Peebs. Short for Pee-buh. A nickname he accidentally gave himself. When he was first learning how to talk, I used to call him "my little peanut". Well one day, I called him by his actual name, and he looked at me with all the seriousness that his two year old self could muster and said, "I not Ryker, I Peebuh (Peanut)" And the name just sort of stuck with him.




Sweet little Ryker. You were either really stubborn, or really just quite content where you were.

So I was induced.

You are the child I gave birth to with no epidural, or drugs of any choice really. And let me tell you, that was not easy. But Grandpa Monte convinced me that it was the best thing for you. So, I toughed it out.

You were the happy baby that smiled at 2 weeks old and never stopped. I look back now and see your true personality was so crystal clear and yet I didn’t even realize it at the time. You will do anything to get a smile out of us. It is who you are.



You were the baby that always wanted to keep up with your brothers. And so you crawled…FAST!….at 7 months old. You walked at 10 months.

You are my curious child with no fear.

You loved to climb. Actually, it should come as no suprise to anyone that your favorite animal is a monkey.

The whole family is crazy about you, kiddo.


1 comment:

Your Mama said...

Geez....I LOVE THAT KID!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...