Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Here we go again!!


OK, as some of you know, I had a blog last year through my online parenting group dedicated to American Idol. Sadly, the online group has been shut down, so this year, my "Idol Chatter" will be featured here on my personal blog instead.




For starters: I have already decided I love the new judge. Part of me is hoping that she was brought in to eventually phase out Paula Abdul. She's awesome. She has a bit of the sweet factor like Paula, but she's brash and ballsy when she needs to be too (cough, cough....bikini girl....cough, cough).




And speaking of the contestants, lets start with bikini girl, shall we? Can you sat attention whore. It's sad when someone is so insecure about their abilities and natural talent that they have to come to the audition with some sort of gimmick. Her voice was nasaly and irritating, and while she may have wanted us to focus on her, ahem, assets....I couldn't take my eyes off her mouth. She has big ole Julia Roberts lips which she purses and contorts in weird ways as she sings. I don't see her making it past Hollywood. And who else thought of the guy from last year who sang, "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot", when that young black kid with the deep voice opened his mouth? WOW!! And it would appear that Frodo...er, whatever that weird kids name was that got really nervous and was eating the banana as he was almost passed out on the floor, has become the middle earth version of William Hung.




But all is not lost. The new rocker girl who sang "Barracouda" was phenomenal. I'm not hugely crazy about her looks, but the girl has mad skills. And the Asian boy who sang two after her....he was awesome too. I'm not happy that Simon changed his mind with "nice personality" girl. True she did have a sparkling attitude, but why put someone through to Hollywood that you know doesn't stand a real chance. And the blind guy at the end. What a perfect and gut wrenching way to end the evening. That guy was phenomenal; and has secured his spot as my early favorite.




Anyway.......thats my condensed thoughts on Phoenix. We'll see what Kansas City has in store for us all tomorrow. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

The Samples Sampler said...

My favorite comment of the night was what Ryan said to bikini girl when she asked if they could hold hands: "I didn't even notice your hands"!! Hahaha!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...