Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Idol Chatter (Auditions in Salt Lake City)

Ah, the SLC auditions. What Utah music style show would be complete without a few dozen Osmonds? Daniel, who is completely adorable by the way, was pretty darn fabulous. I agree, he should have picked a more "solo enhanced" song, but he was great. I was worried that the judges were really going to pigeon-hole him as a group variety singer. So I was happy to see him get the ticket.

Tara "goth girl" Matthews -- ummm......no. Please fly away NOW

The third girl with the chipmunk voice....all I can say is WTH?!?

Dude with the bunny.....I thought he had potential, but his gimmick was stupid so they dismissed him before they heard a word out of his mouth.

Frankie -- I really liked her vibe. She had a really cool tone to her voice

Meagan -- the single mom who sang "Can't Help Lovin That Man".....I totally and vehemently disagree with the judges on this one. Granted she was cute, tattoo sleeve notwithstanding, but he voice was just weird. I really didn't like it.

Andrew -- let just let him fly too. That was BAD!

Austin, the young student body president -- his first song vocals weren't bad, but I LOVED his Raffi song. I think he's this years David Archuletta, and I LOVED how the first person to plow through the crowd and bear hug him when he made it to Hollywood was his dad. Such an awesome moment.

Taylor, the tall Samoan girl -- I loved the emotion in her face when she sang Joyful, Joyful. You could see she really felt what she was singing. Her vocals weren't fabulous, but she was pretty darn good.

And finally there was Rose, the orphaned hippie girl -- I can't imagine losing my parents at such a young age, and so tragically. And what an amazing family that took her in and is now helping encourage her to go for her dreams. I didn't think her vocals were fantastic, but she was such a sweet girl.

All in all, SLC left me with the same emptiness that Florida did. No one really stood out to me as a superstar. Anyway......don't forget to watch tomorrow night for the final two audition cities. Let me know what you're thinking!!

1 comment:

Mark and Emily said...

Meagan was atleast different, I didn't mind her voice. I also loved Frankie. Rose and Taylor were sweet people, but I don't know how far their voices will take them, I'm already excited for hell week just so I can here more and see how they really are!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...