Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Idol Chatter -- The Top 5

OK, before I begin my synopsis, I have a quick question. Was anyone else distracted by Paula's dress last night? I mean what the heck was she wearing. She looks like one of those fancy napkins stuffed in a wine glass that you find on wedding tables. Which is sad, because without that crazy bodice, the dress could have been super HAWT.

Now, on to the show.......was Jamie Foxx not an amazing mentor?!? I was really impressed with him.

1) Kris -- "The way you look Tonight": I don't think I've given Kris enough credit sometimes. He sang that song so effortlessly and with such great emotion. I was really quite impressed. His first falsetto was a little weak, but the ending was outstanding. I loved it, but I can see how Simon said it was a safe number. He's up against some pretty amazing talent, so I hope that by going first he isn't forgotten by the end of the night.

2) Allison -- "Someone to watch over Me": I LOVE this song. I sing it to Ryker almost every night. I think her voice is a little too rough and raspy to make this song as pure as I would like to hear it sung, but it was still an amazing performance. I thought her ending was fabulous. (A part of me wishes she had sang "Fever" though)

3) Matt -- "My funny Valentine": I didn't mind this. It was a bit slow, and I still think he does WAY too many runs. I really liked the ending, but I agree with Kara when she said he didn't really seem to put his heart in it.

4) Danny -- "I'm gonna love You": Fantastic beginning -- I loved how he walked out to the trombone solo. Freaking great performance from beginning to end, and the ending was KILLER. The entire think was fantastic. My favorite of the night.

5) Adam -- "Feelin' Good": Emily will be glad to know....but.....I really didn't like this. I thought it was WAY too over the top and theatrical. I mean I LOVED the one big sustained note near the end, but the rest of it left me cold. Which is sad because I love Adam.

So, I think at the end of the day as long as people remember that Kris was great as the first performance, then Matt will be going home.

4 comments:

The Samples Sampler said...

I agree with you: I think Matt is going home. I really hope Kris stays. Also, I wouldn't cry if by some miracle Adam got sent home.

Mark and Emily said...

I wouldn't cry either Michelle, I would do a happy dance not to hear that shrilly theatre voice again! I'm glad that for one week you actually agree with me, now admit it, you are partial to Adam because you are a theatre rat yourself!

I loved everyone else. I thought Matt did show some restraint but he still should go home.

Anonymous said...

danny and adam all the way! [sorry em]liz

SongbirdMama said...

Well of course I will love a fellow stage hound, Em.....but even I know when to show some restraint. I do typically love Adam, but I don't know what happened last night. I really think Danny should win the whole thing.....and I've said that since the Top 13.

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...