Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Idol Chatter -- The Top 7 (Again)

Miracle of miracles -- I have no snarky comments about the judges or any wardrobe malfunctions. WOW! So lets get right to the contestants.

1) Lil -- "I'm Every Woman": Did anyone else find that predictable, boring and unoriginal? Oh, wait! The judges did! WOO HOO! Hopefully the rest of America did too. She did nothing but sing a Chaka Khan song exactly how Chaka Khan sang it. She is definatly not growing on this show. In fact, I think she's getting worse.

2) Kris -- "Hard for the Money": I guess I have to give him props for making the song completely original, but I was bored with this performance too. It was a little too heavy on the Latin feel for me, and his attempt at a mustache looked dirty (ha ha ha.....not quite a wardrobe malfunction, but I guess I had a comment after all)

3) Danny -- "Do you remember": Nice vibe -- a little fresher than old school disco, which is nice. I didn't care for how it ended so abrubptly, but he mixed the song up nicely.

4) Allison -- "Hot Stuff" -- This chick reminds me of Pink.....a lot. She is awesome! That was fantastic and not the least bit in indulgent (boo Randy). I think slowing down actually was a HUGE improvement. I loved the arrangement. She was my favorite of the night so far.

5) Adam -- "If I can't have you": I loved the softer look and the all over softer side of Adam tonight. This guy truly is in a class all by himself. This performance appeared effortless , and was just beautifully flawless. It's nice to know that he doesn't have to be the big flamboyant gay guy to get people to notice his talent.

6) Matt -- "Stayin' Alive": I liked this better than I expected to....because I was expecting it to be a karaoke style number. But he actually wasn't too bad. The only problem I have with Matt is that he uses the vocal acrobatics and runs WAY too much.

7) Anoop -- "Dance the Night Away": I didn't like it. Yes Anoop is good, and yes he has talent, but this performance was just "Meh". I don't think he sang in sync rhythmically with the music and I don't like how the song just dropped at the end like that either.

So, considering it was disco night, I was pleasantly suprized that I hadn't hung myself before the end of the show (Im so not a disco fan). At the end of the night I would have to say Lil, Kris and Anoop are my bottom three with Lil and Anoop going home.

2 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

I agree with your bottom 3 and Allison was my favorite, she even sounded a little Christina for a second in that song, she rocks! And I turned it when Adam started singing.

SongbirdMama said...

You shouldn't have Em. He was great.

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...