Friday, April 24, 2009

Idol Results, Good News and a convo with the hubby

OK, I have to throw a mishmash post together because I have a few things to say that are completely unrelated to eachother.

For starters, the American Idol results -- glad to see Anoop and Lil go home......I think Matt and Kris won't be too far behind.

Also, wanna hear something cool?? Of course you do; why else would you read my blog. I entered a contest through a local television station. The winning prize was a years worth of Kellogg's cereal. Well...............drum roll please.............I WON!!!! Yay me!!!!

And finally, for your reading pleasure enjoy this following conversation that took place this past week between me and my husband:

A little background on this week's conversation- I have this game, where I come up with a really ignorant word, and then use it as much as I can. There's nothing better than a (conservative looking) mom using the words "holy champagne supernova!" all day.

Other past words I've already used out are "sweet", "craptastic" and "radical". If it's a really good word, it'll get a reaction like

"Did you just say radical?"

"Like, totally!"

Get the idea? Okay, so my dear, sweet husband has started stealing my words. The nerve! Here's how it goes between us:

Him: That person's driving was craptastic.

Me: Hey...that's my word.

Him: I'm married to you, so I get to use any word you use... by default.

Me: Dude, go find your own word. I work really hard to find just the right ones....and then you go and take them for yourself. Go find your own damn word. (I try not to call my husband "dude" very much, but sometimes it just fits, ya know?)

Him: I like your words better.

Me: Have you even tried to come up with your own?

Him: No.

Me: Why not?

Him: Because I can just use yours.

Me: (Swears under my breath)

So now my goal is to come up with a word that is so bad, that even the husband wont use it. Recently when I think something is particualarily stupid I will use the phrase gay.com (and yes I say the dot com -- for example, "Man that tv show was totally gay dot com". And he has even taking to using that one!!! AARGH!!

I will find a phrase that he refuses to steal. I am sure of it. I'll let you know when I come up with something. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Mark and Emily said...

I can't believe you won free cereal!!!! That is so awesome!

I never watched the results show so I'm reading them for the first time here...and I'm happy that those 2 finally left!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...