Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Idol Chatter -- The Top 7

OK, I think I'm blind. The bling on Paula's dress was WAY overkill. I mean, seriously, she looked like a cracked out Bratz doll. On to the results........

1) Allison -- "I don't wanna miss a thing": She sounds like she is sick or something. I mean, I love that song, but I really don't care for how she performed it. She looked and sounded just horrible. (She would have sounded great doing Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out For a Hero" from the movie "Footloose" or Jeffersons Airlplane "White Rabbit" which was in the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas")

2) Anoop -- "Everything I do": I don't know...I didn't really care for this either. Anoop is picking some seriously "safe" songs lately. I disagree with Randy. I think it is a really BIG song, and I thought he was kind of boring. (Sadly, I can't think of another song I would have preferred him to sing).

3) Adam -- "Born to be Wild": Drew and I both loved this performance. This guy is already a rock star. He's just so unique and original and I totally agree with Quentin Tarantino. Half the fun of the show this season is tuning in to see what Adam is going to do with his song. (It would have also been interesting to hear him sing Ram Jam's "Black Betty" which was in the movie "Blow" or another great one would have been "Eye of the Tiger" from "Rocky 3")

4) Matt -- "Have you ever really loved a Woman": There were too many vocal acrobatics, he was really weak when he hit is falsetto, and the bridge was a complete and utter disaster vocally. (He should have sang Prince's "The Beautiful Ones" from the movie "Purple Rain")

5) Danny -- "Endless Love": He had a flat note near the beginning, but he had me in tears by the end of the song. It was absolutely beautiful. I loved it. But I have to say "boooo" to Simon. Sometimes a song just needs to be sung; you don't always have to change up the original. (He could have also done the Goo Goo Dolls "Iris" from "City of Angels")

6) Kris -- "Falling Slowly": Stunning...absolutely stunning from beginning to end. He had me completely mesmerized. Another "boooo" for Randy here. I can't believe what he had to say. I thought it was a fantastic performance. (He also would have sounded great doing "Tiny Dancer" from the movie "Almost Famous")

7) Lil -- "The Rose": Yawn! What a boring, safe song choice -- even with the "gospel" flair. She is just becoming predictable to me. Thumbs up, Simon. (I would have loved to hear her sing Cher's "Bang Bang" from Kill Bill or "Son of a Preacher man" from "Pulp Fiction". )

This weeks prediction for bottom three is: Anoop, Matt and Lil

3 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

As soon as I saw Paula I knew you were going to say something...it was horribly ugly! I agree with everything you said except that Anoop did pretty good. And of course I hate Adam. So not everything you said, just 80% of what you said! You are going to love that you can't comment on my latest post...ha ha!!

The Samples Sampler said...

I loved Anoop's song, and hated Lil. I agree with Simon. She started out so well, and now...

We tried the close-your-eyes-while-Adam-sings thing, and amazingly enough it worked! Even Ryan said he sounded good.

I hope Lil goes home tonight.

Anonymous said...

agree with your bottom three...it's starting to get interesting! luv your mama

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...