Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Here we go again......IDOL CHATTER -- Boston Auditions


OK, loyal readers. Welcome to another season of American Idol.....and Idol Chatter. The blog posts where I essentially spout off my personal opinions about all things American Idol. This segment has been a big hit in the past, and so I have decided to bring it back.


*So, let's begin with last nights audition show from Boston. And what a way to start off a show. That first chick was really.....well.....yeah, bizarre was the word for it. The kids got me that American Idol video game for Christmas.....but now I'm scared to use it. =p


*Maddie (the girl with the Downs Syndrome brothers) was really good. And what a sweet story.


*The big Italian guy: I liked him A LOT. I'm glad he made it through.


OK, on a side note, what the heck is with Randy's watch?!? Did anyone else notice that thing? I looked like something my 5 yr old would wear.


*I loved the two guys who were harmonizing out in the green room. I thought they were both fabulous.


*The a-hole in the glasses.....that guy was a tool. Seriously! His voice was actually good in a way, but he kind of sounded like Christopher Walken when he was singing.


*The chick that sang the Alecia Keys song was pretty good -- but I don't think she was as fabulous as the judges told her she was.


*WHOA! Dude who had the broken wrists was my "Susan Boyle" of the day. Who would have thought that a guy who looked like that would sound as good as he did. I certainly didnt' expect it, and I agree with Randy that they guy put out a sort of Jim Morrison vibe.


*The guy who sang "Yesterday" was fabulous. And he has a beautiful smile. I liked him A LOT! I don't get why Simon left in the middle of the vote. He obviously liked the kid because he was the first one to give him a "yes". Maybe I missed something between him and another judge or something. I don't know. Weird.


*The girl who sang "At Last" was phenomenal for only being 16.


*The dude who sang "God Blessed the Broken Road" had a really nice voice. The judges sure teased the poor guy, but I"m glad he got through.


*The guy that had cancer (I'm pretty sure he's LDS) was FAN FREAKIN TASTIC. Serioulsy gave me goosebumps.....and another guy with a gorgeous smile.


*"Janet with a beard"......yeah, that guy was creepy from the minute he walked in.


*Bosa (the Nigerian guy) had a lovely voice, but I agree with Simon when he says it was a bit of a boring audition. It will be interesting to see how he does in Hollywood with other genres of music.


*The last girl....the one who sang "Blue Skies" -- I don't know what it is, but something about her voice annoyed me. I'm not sure if she was too shouty or what, but it definately was NOT the best audition I had seen, and I disagree with how much the judges fawned over her.


AND FINALLY: I actually really enjoyed Victoria Beckham as a guest judge. She could have filled in full time in Paula's place no problem. She was great. (Yeah, I'm still not sure I'm thrilled about Ellen.....we'll have to see).


Anyway, that's it for today. Let me know what you think. Did you agree with me? Do you have any early favorites from Boston? Tune in later tomorrow when I recap the Atlanta Auditions.

2 comments:

Your Mama said...

Totally agree except the whatever her name is who took Paula's place ANNOYED the heck out me last night....kind of full of herself I thought....but agree, agree, agree with everything else you said....are we related or something? :)

Mark and Emily said...

Wow, first post of the season and I agree 100% to everything you said!! This may not happen again, let's enjoy this moment while it lasts! I liked the 16 yr olds, I enjoyed Posh more than I thought I would.

Can I just say how much better the show was without Paula? I noticed that the people they let through were actually good. Paula always had sympathy singers who you knew would never make it past the next round. They really seemed to only put through people with actual talent!

So happy it's Idol season again, look forward to sharing opinions once again!!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...