Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm Beautiful in His Eyes

Yesterday, my son climbed on my lap, held my face in his hands and said, “You are the most beautiful momma in the entire, entire, entire world. " This is a pretty typical compliment, and is probably said a million times a day by my youngest son. But, it is always remarkable because I don’t feel pretty much these days. Granted, there was a time when I looked all right. But, what once was gangly is now pudgy, what was firm is now wrinkled, what was straight is now slouched, and what was smooth is now scarred.

I work out, I take my vitamins, I try to eat right, I’ve even been sleeping better, but I will never have what I once did. I’m at an age where a minute in the sun seems to add a new wrinkle, and if a dermatologist ever got ahold of me, she would chops moles off like she was a butcher…always leaving mangled marks along the way. I rarely feel comfortable leaving the house without make-up, and more often than not, I’ll don a hat and sunglasses before picking up the kids from school. My hair never looks quite right, and clothes don’t fit like they used to. My bra deserves overtime pay for all the work it has to do. I’m a Mom, I’m nearing 40, I don’t have the time or energy it takes to always make myself look attractive.

But, in the eyes of my five year old, I’m beautiful…and that’s good enough for me.

1 comment:

Your Mama said...

I hate to tell you but you are NOWHERE nearing 40....geez....you are a "YOUNG" mother of 3 beautiful boys (whom I love dearly)...and are a BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, THOUGHTFUL, UNSELFISH, child of God! And I love you tons and just like Ryker said...You are the most beautiful mother in the world! :) so there!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...