Thursday, January 21, 2010

Idol Chatter -- Orlando Auditions



OK, first off.....who the heck is this guest judge? I don't think I know her. Oh, yeah, she did a guest spot on Glee. I didn't like her character. Still really have no idea who she is or what qualifies her to judge this show other than being Kara's BFF.

*Holy moly. This show just keeps getting crazier. What's up with the guy who has all the loose change on his face?!? Other than being a freak, and a bit shouty, the poor guy actually sounded like he had some potential. Too bad he's a weirdo.

(Anyone else finding Kara's cleavage distracting and annoying tonight?)

*Seth (the guy with the autistic son) -- love, love, love his voice. Fantastic and flawless; I thought he had a very raw, pure sound.

*Jermaine (sang "Smile" --Ryker's favorite song) It was really well done, I liked it a lot. He also had a really nice tone to his voice.

*Shelby (frozen face girl) --OK, she was a mediocre singer and she forgot her lyrics. No one should EVER make it through if they blow the lyrics. Seriously. I didn't really like her voice, don't think she should have made it through, and don't think she'll get past Hollywood week.

*Jay (the beat boxer) -- I thought that he completely sucked. I don't know.....I didn't care for it. When he sang normally, he was A LOT better. I think I'll like him if he doesn't try to pull a Blake Lewis and beat box through the season. Just sing buddy.....trust me.

*Cornelius (split pants) -- I dont' think he was all that good....and definately not deserving of a ticket to Hollywood.

*The sisters -- the one who sang "Hit the Road Jack" was fabulous. The other one sucked. I didn't like her voice at all. Totally agree with Simon. Not sure either of them will make it through Hollywood, but the first sister has the better chance.

*Jarrod (Amazing Grace) -- this is what it would sound like if Pauly Shore took up a singing career. Absolutely horrible. I t hink he really was trippin'.....on something. Hopefully he is headed for a padded room.

*Matt (the jailbird) -- I thought he made a poor song choice. It was too slow and boring, and I think his voice was just OK. I didn't think it was "brilliant" as Simon said. But he was pretty impressive on the high notes.

So, I think tonight I LOVED Seth and Jermaine. I guess we'll have to see what happens in Hollywood.

2 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

Again, I missed parts of the show but I absolutely agree with you on all the ones I did see, especially frozen face girl and Jay.

I bet you sing "Smile" to Ryker way better than Jermaine did!!

SongbirdMama said...

Awwww....Em. I love you. And I'm sure Ryker would agree. =p

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...