Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Idol Chatter -- The Top 11

OK, before I begin with tonights thoughts, I should bring up something that you have all been asking about. Apparently, you all want me to also do a blog after the results show with my feelins and such on that. So I guess I am going to start that too. LOL. On to tonights show.

Well, its no secret that I'm not a big fan of Randy Travis as a singer. His nasally whine just makes me itch....but as a person, he is pretty decent. And for the most part, I liked what he had to say about the singers.

#1. Michael - "Ain't goin down til' the sun comes up": I always think that singing Garth Brooks is a ballsy move, but that is especially true of this song. I could tell he was having fun with it and I was basically impressed with his overall performance, especially his breath control. I think the judges were way to harsh on him.

#2. Allison - "Blame it on your Heart": I love her energy in this. She reminds me of Wynonna Judd on speed. She has that low raspy sound, and fatastic showmanship for such a young girl.

#3. Kris - "To make you feel my Love": I was worried when they said he wasn't going to use his guitar, but I think it was perfect. The whole thing gave me goosebumps, and I LOVE that he went up on the last note.

#4. Lil - "Independance Day": I was heartbroken listening to this song. I love Lil, and this is one of my absolute favorite songs to sing. But she was horribly boring and flat during the verses. She seemed to be trying too hard to articulate her words and it was all over her face that she wasn't feeling any emotion from the song AT ALL!

#5. Adam - "Ring of Fire": Ummm.....yeah, so, um.....I think this kid is so far ahead of his time it is rediculous. It was kind of warped and bizarre, but it was him to a tee. I know Emily is going to blast me for this, but I didn't hate it. Was it weird, yes. Was Johnny Cash turning over in his grave? Most likely.....but I didn't hate it. Yeah, it was like some horrific accident that you don't want to watch but can't bear to look away from. He's just more cutting edge than anyone gives him credit for. And while I certainly won't go out and buy his album based on that song, he certainly knows how to get people talking.

#6. Scott - "Wild Angels": I liked it, but I think this guy is proving to be pretty one dimentional. He is in jeopardy of becoming stale and predictable. It was just okay, but felt kind of safe.

#7. Alexis - "Jolene": I kinda liked this one too. I disagree completely with the judges. Except Paula. She's really making a lot of sense this season sometimes. What gives??

#8. Danny - "Jesus take the Wheel": I was a little nervous when he first started on the verse. It sounded a little too low. It wasn't really there, but when he hit the chorus it was phenomenal. The guy is an amazing talent.

#9. Anoop - "Always on my Mind": YAY! Anoop is back. That was a fantastic arrangement and his vocals were beautiful. I was a tad disappointed that he didnt' go up on the last note, but it was still phenomenal.

#10. Meagan - "Walkin' after Midnight": I am seriously so over this girl. She is absolutely childish and rediculous to watch. I can't stand her and I really don't get the spell she seems to have the judges under. Why do they like her so much? She's horrid. Her vocals suck, her stage presence sucks.....yeah, she just sucks.

#11. Matt - "So Small": Beautiful. I loved it. Loved everything about it. What Kara said I could have written myself. This guy was just so absolutely emotional, and the vocals were amazing. I take back what I said a couple a weeks ago about him being undeserving.

So, I wish that I could say that Meagan was going to be in the bottom three, but I don't see it happening. And I really think that Lil deserves to be in the bottom three this week, but that won't probably happen either because she has a pretty big fan base. So my official prediction for bottom three this week is: Michael, Scott and Alexis. And I think Scott will probably be the one going home.

3 comments:

The Samples Sampler said...

I agree that Paula made a lot of sense last night. I think it is because her eyes were actually open and she looked alert! Adam's performance creeped me out! I couldn't stop laughing at his dance moves though. In fact, thanks to the blessed DVR we watched the performance a few times! Meagan drives me crazy! I want her gone! (I think I say that every week!) I was sad to see that Michael sang Ain't going down...I really like this guy and that song, while it showed his personality, did not show his vocals. I hope he stays. Whoop whoop for Anoop!! Loved it! I agree about Scott. He bores me! Anyway. Should be interesting to see what happens tonight.

Mark and Emily said...

This might be a long one, here we go:
First of all Mark asked me last night if I am disapointed that he doesn't watch the show with me and I told him I have you...he was relieved (and I'm sure he was thinking - THANK YOU ERIN!!!)
Paula did seem a little less drunk last night.

1. I loved Michael.
2. I loved Allison even though I have seen her do better.
3. 100% agree with you about Kris, I was feeling the same way!
4. Agree with you about Lil', all the way!
5. Adam, Adam, Adam...you'll be surprised that I didn't hate it, it was very Tea Party'ish and I give him props for mixing it up...but I still can't stand to watch his theatrics and I can't imagine the number of people he offended with that song!
6. I am afraid Scott should be a no. Love him, love his talent, but no.
7. Alexis I totally agree, the judges were way too harsh.
8. Agree.
9. Umm, Anoop lost me a while ago...I think he will be gone soon.
10. Meagan is clearly inexperienced and although she's unique it's still a no for me. They are trying to see if she'll turn into the next Duffy, but she needs a lot more work!
11. Love Matt!

That was the longest comment I've ever made, thanks for being my AI sounding board!!

SongbirdMama said...

Emily, I said the same thing to mom last night about Adam. I can imagine Johnny Cash rolling over in his grave, and poor June just wondering what the Hell kind of rendition that was of her husbands song. And tell Mark "You're welcome" LOL!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...