Thursday, March 26, 2009

Idol Chatter (Top 10)

Ah, Motown week. One of my favorites. I had high hopes for tonight, especially when I heard that Smoky Robinson was back this year. But before I start in on the contestants, let me first comment on this weeks "Wardrobe Malfunctions".



Is it just me or did Randy remind anyone else of a black Mr. Rogers with that rediculous sweater. And Paula.....is she taking fashion advice from Bjork now? And what was with that giant disco ball on her ring finger?



OK, on to the contestants:



1. Matt -- "Let's get it on": I didn't like how he kept switching between his upper and lower register. He felt the music, which was great, but he fell flat in a few spots. I didn't really care for it.



2. Kris -- "How Sweet it is": I like the fresh vibe he brought to Motown. It had a bit of a country flair to it. I didn't "love" it, but I thought it was good.



3. Scott -- "You Can't Hurry Love": Yawn! Very vanilla rendition of this song. He didn't put enough "oomph" into it. I actually enjoyed the piano more than the vocals.



4. Meagan -- "For once in my Life": She sounded like she had to force the vocals because the verses were too low for her. And she was really shouty, and flat through most of her high notes. FINALLY the judges are seeing her for the craptastic singer she is.



5. Anoop -- "Ooh Baby, Baby": That was nice. A little slower than I would have liked it. But I thought his falsetto was phenomenal. Kara didn't give him enough credit. (Hated his wardrobe too....what's with the jackets this year?)

6. Michael -- "Ain't too Proud to beg": He was pretty good, but there is some Motown songs that a white boy should NOT sing, and I think this is one of them.

7. Lil -- "Heatwave": I'm with Randy on this one. She sounded off tempo and flat. She was rushed and shouty. This was her worst performance by a landslide.

8. Adam -- "Tracks of my Tears": Fan-freakin-tastic! I loved seeing this side of him. Not a lot of guys can sing almost an entire song in their upper register, but that was bloody phenomenal. Gave me goosebumps.

9. Danny -- "Get Ready": Big mistake not taking Smoky's advice, but he is still an amazing vocalist. The rest of the song was near perfect. He had some issues with breath control, but other than that it was great.

10. Allison -- "Papa was a rollin' stone": Another amazing powerhouse vocal. I honestly believe that this chick could win it all. She's definately my pick for favorite female in the competition. She was absolutely unreal.

OK, so there you have it. My thoughts for the week. I have a feeling that Michael, Meagan and Scott are going to be in the bottom three. And I don't think that any of them have a hope in Hell of winning, so I really don't care which of them goes home.

2 comments:

The Samples Sampler said...

You know my vote: I love Michael and want him to stick around for another couple of weeks. Megan has got to go!! We actually hit the fast forward half way through Scott's song. We love our DVR, epecially when watching Idol! I haven't really been a fan of Adam, but after last night he is really starting to grow on me (just don't tell my husband...Adam creeps him out!)

Anonymous said...

have to agree with the Adam thing...he creeps me out too, but was a phenom last night...loved it...Scott or Michael or the blond chick...whichever....can go! KK

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...