Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Idol Chatter -- The Top 13

OK, off the top, before anything else, I just have to ask this. What the heck is wrong with Paula's face?!? She looks like she had a bad chemical peel, followed by a facelift that is way too tight, and a horrible makeup job. Her eyes look really glassy and distant, like she's on crack!!

OK, on to the contestants.....

1. Lil - "The Way You Make Me Feel": She sounded awesome, but she looked absolutely petrified. She seemed really nervous, although she tried to act like she was feeling the song. She sounded fantasic though, but I have to agree with Simon that her outfit was aweful.

2. Scott - "Keep the Faith": I didn't really care for this at all. Maybe because I don't know the song. It started out great when he was being all so and melodic, but when he tried to jazz it up, it just didn't suit his voice.

3. Danny - "Pretty Young Thing": Fantastic performance, great song, great showmanship and fantastic tone.

4. Michael - "You are not Alone": I love this song, but I wish he would've started from the beginning instead of from the second verse. It was beautiful tonally......but it felt kind of safe.

5. Jamsine - "I'll be There": Great voice...she is very polished for being so young. Loved the perfomance -- hated her dress.

6. Chris - "Do you Remember": Boring, boring, boring. I really wish I could have fast forwarded through that one.

7. Allison - "Give it to Me": She was pretty good, but I didn't care for the song choice.

8. Anoop - "Beat It": Sadly, I think Simon was right about this one. It really was lighweight. There wasn't enough "anger" in his voice for that song. His voice cracked in a couple of spots, and I really wish he would have taken off his jacket because it looked stupid. I was sadly disappointed, but I still love him.

9. Jorge - "Never can say Goodbye": I love his voice. I think he is phenomenal. I loved the whole performance, but was really worried the judges would find it a little too "cruise ship singer".

10. Meagan - "Rockin' Robin": Holy Cheeze, Batman! From how she sang to how she danced, it reminded me of a really corny show choir solo.

11. Adam - "Black or White": I really enjoyed most of this song. Some moments were too "Broadway" in that he was a little to articulate in his words, and his final note sounded flat to me. But I still think the guy is a phenom.

12. Matt Giraud - "Human Nature": Is it just me or does this guy have a bit of a Justin Timberlake vibe? Ha ha ha !!! Nope, I guess it's not just me because Randy just said the same thing. I think it was a great performance, and his falsetto was flawless.

13. Alexis - "Dirty Diana": It was weird for me to think of comparing a cute, blonde white girl to Tina Turner, but that's who I thought of while she was singing. It was great, and powerful, and yes...a wee bit "shouty" in parts. But it was sassy! I loved it!

So there you have it.....I think if I had to pick the bottom three tonight, it would have to be Scott, Chris and Meagan. And I am really intrigued to find out what this "big change" is that's going to be revealed during the results show.

Alright people.....discuss!!

3 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

I agree with your bottom 3. I still love Allison and I still hate Adam. Even though his performance was actually a little less broadway than previous ones. I know you have a better ear than me, but I think in the beginning of the song he sounded off and then he just sounds all shrieky and screamy to me. I don't get it, I don't get why everyone loves him? I thought Alexis was awesome too,a little Christina Aguilara to me in parts. I love Matt and Danny too. I think the judges are going to eliminate someone from the bottom 3 instead of America...we'll see!!

The Samples Sampler said...

I agree! I think the judges will eliminate someone from the bottom three. I cannot stand Megan and I hope she goes soon!

SongbirdMama said...

Well, I really wasn't suprised to see Jasmine go, even though she wasn't in my choice for bottom three. I am really going to miss Jorge though.

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...