Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Idol Chatter -- The Top 9

Gah, so I got a little sidetracked tonight between sick kids and hubby being in the hospital and sort of forgot that Idol was on tonight, so I missed the first half of Anoops song. But here's what I thought.

1. Anoop -- "???": What the heck was the song he was singing? It was awful and he was completely flat through the whole thing. That makes me sad, because I really like him, but he's not proving to be much of a "Star".

2. Meagan -- "Good Lovin": Was she high while she was on stage? She was horrible from top to bottom and her mannerisms were as though she was completely baked while singing.

3. Danny -- "What Hurts the Most": Beautiful as always. He has amazing power when he hits the choruses of his songs. This guy is a brilliant talent.

4. Allison -- "Don't Speak": I hated the arrangement on the chorus. It was too slow and she sounded like she had a hard time getting under the song.

5. Scott -- "Just the way you Are": OK, so I know I've given Scott a hard time the past couple of weeks, but I really like most of that song A LOT. I could have done without his attempt at the vocal acrobatics, but I loved the intonation of the vocals and I LOVED the piano.

6. Matt -- "You found Me": Hated it. Literally hated everything about it. I didn't like how he was out in the middle of the floor, the song started too low for him, there was WAY too much vibrato in his voice, and he was screaming by the end of the song.

7. Lil -- "I Surrender": I hated this one too...which is hard for me to say because I love Celine. But Lil was really shouty and her enormous mouth was very distracting. It was boring and shouty and flat. Blah, blah, blah.....she's starting to lose her appeal with me.

8. Adam -- "Play the Funky Music": (OK, nothing to do with the performance, but this was the number one song on the day I was born LOL) Well, Adam went a little manic on his ending note, but beyond that I thought he was phenomenal. His arrangement was great and his performance was fantastic.

9. Kris -- "Ain't no Sunshine": I LOVE this song, and he did it brilliantly. I loved everything about it. My favorite performance by him so far, hands down.

OK, so the bottom three: Please be Meagan....please, she needs to go. OK um....also, Anoop and Matt. That is my "Official" prediction.....but I also woudn't be suprised to see Lil or Allison in there.

What did YOU think??

4 comments:

The Samples Sampler said...

Don't worry about missing the first half of Anoop's song. It wasn't any good! I LOVED Scott's performance, but I still want him to go. As for Kris, we DVRed the show and even though I told my husband to set the DVR for at least 90 minutes, he only set it for 75 minutes, so it did not record Kris singing. I am going to try and find it on youtube, especially after what you said about it.

BTW, what do you think of Adam's new look? Everytime I see him I think "KD Lang".

SongbirdMama said...

Ha ha ha......I think Ricky Ricardo for some reason. I'm hating how he's wearing his hair. I'd rather he be true to his rocker image. And as for Kris....here ya go. Tell me this isn't awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puLYiRBvRHs

The Samples Sampler said...

Thanks for the link! Just watched it and I was kind of bored at the beginning but then I loved it! He has a great chance of winning the whole thing. Although, I can't watch him sing. He does some weird thing with his mouth and it distracts me! I hope that Megan goes tonight. Even the judges are starting to hate her!
Ricky Ricardo? I didn't even think of that one!

Mark and Emily said...

Ya Anoop is boring, as is Meagan, Scott, and Lil. I heart Danny and Kris last night and I liked Matt's performance overall. I love that song and he mixed it up and put alot into it and I disagree with the judges and you!! I still love Allison but last night was just o.k. Adam still annoys the living crap out of me it's like, we get it you can shriek - go back to broadway!!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...