Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blog Every Day in May -- Day 18 & 19

May 18 - Tell a story from your childhood

Hmmmm....Wow!  There are so many fun memories that it could literally take years to recap.  Growing up in a large family with a whole schwack of cousins makes for a lot of good stories.  Like the time my cousin, Julie, and I got sent home from school in the 3rd grade for running under the downspouts during a rainstorm at recess and getting absolutely drenched.  Or my uncle Monte's 4 tone deaf sons singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at the family Christmas program.

There was also the time when we lived in Calgary and my Uncle Tim's kids stayed the night for a sleepover.  We built a fort in the basement for all us kids to sleep in.  We used a lot of my dad's free weights to hold the blankets onto their designated spots.  Anyway, somewhere in the middle of the night one of the weights slid off the deep freeze where it was holding up an edge of the blanket roof and landed right on my brother, Steve's, head.  It took about 3 seconds and then we all heard "Ow" and that was it.....he didn't even wake up.  It was hysterical......and also explains a lot about what happened to my brother.  LOL!

May 19 - Name your 5 favorite bloggers

I don't really follow enough different blogs that I could say I have a number of favorites.....I follow a couple of my cousins, a girlfriend from college, some friends from high school, but I can't really say I have any "favorite" bloggers.  Sorry to disappoint.

No comments:

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...