Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blog Every Day in May -- Day 7

May 7 --  What thing(s)  are you most afraid of.

1.  Death --  Thinking about death, well......it quite frankly scares me to death.  Now I know that this sounds weird, given my upbringing in the LDS church and my knowledge of the plan of salvation and all the great and wonderful things that the next life will bring, but I am afraid of dying.  Call it shaky faith I guess, but the thought of not being alive -- it's just not something I like to think about.

2.  Spiders -- My paralyzing fear of spiders is almost to the point of phobia.  Spiders give me the heebie jeebies.....and not just real ones.  Pictures of them, seeing them in movies or tv, even cartoon spiders scare the heck out of me.  My husband has spent many years trying to help me overcome this fear, but having me kill little spiders, but it has literally paralyzed me and brought me to tears when I've had to do it.

3.  The Dark --  I hate not being able to see, and so the dark is not my friend.  I mean, I know that for the most part I'm not in any danger, but it's a silly childhood fear that I've not been able to let go of.

No comments:

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...