Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blog Every Day in May ----- Days 1 &2

OK, so I know I 'm a horrible blogger and I missed the entire month of April, including my oldest son's birthday and our adventures at the Calgary Comic Expo.....but I figured I would do a huge birthday post of all the boys at the end of May. 

Insted to get me back on track with my blogging, I've decided to join some fellow bloggers in the Blog Every Day in May challenge.  There are thirty-one prompts for all thirty-one days.  It's a way for bloggers to get back to basics. You know, writing without all the pressure. Since some of the prompts only require brief answers, I may end up combining some of the days.....we'll just see how I feel.

May 1 -- The Story of your Life in 250 Words or Less

I was born in Magrath, Canada in the fall of 1976.  My mom married the only dad I've ever known the summer before my 1st birthday.  I was a musical artist born into an athletic family, which was both a blessing and a curse as I both stood out and was left in the shadows.  I grew up with a younger sister and 2 brothers.  I entered school as a fantastic speller and reader, talked way too much and didn't study near enough.  I was a show choir nerd with motley assortment of friends from all walks of life.  I had the same boyfriend all 4 years of high school.  He was a year older than me and broke up with me in a letter 2 months after he left for university.  I met my husband the summer after high school when we both worked for the same resort in Waterton. We had our first son 11 months after we met and were married 6 months after he was born.  My second pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, which was difficult for a girl of 22.....but I had two more successful pregnancies and now have three wonderful, amazing sons.  Because of the nature of my husband's job, I have had the opportunity to live in 3 different provinces and 2 different states.  I met my biological father when I was 27 and found out that I had 4 more younger siblings.  I love to sing, get irritated by poor spelling and grammar.  I'm a voracious reader and a total night owl.  I love life.

I know it said 250 words or less, but that's exactly 250.


I win.


May 2 -- Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at

I'm not going to lie. Today's topic really stumped me. I can't draw. I'm a medocre cook. I can't sew. I can sing but that's not really something you can educate people on.  What does that leave? I'm an awesome mom. I'm even a pretty darn good employee.

Those are all boring though, right? Then it hit me as I was reading various blog posts this morning...

You people are getting an English lesson.

1. their, there, they're

These words are used and spelled differently.

• Their is a possessive adjective.

• There refers to a place.

• They're means they are.

Examples:

• Erin and Mirra are fixing their hair.

• My purse is over there.

They're watching The Vampire Diaries. 


2. to, too, two

Again, these words are used and spelled differently.

• Use to as a preposition before a noun or as an infinitive before a verb.

• Use too as a synonym for also or to indicate excessiveness before a verb.

• Use two to spell out the number 2. Duh.

Examples:

• I'm going to the movies. --or-- I really don't need to buy another pair of shoes.

• I'm going to the movies, too! --or-- I do not have too many shoes!

• I'll have two margaritas, please.

3. your, you're

For this one, I leave you an 8 second instructional video courtesy of Ross Geller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=STYDAb_iCjg


Hey!


That's one talent I definitely have.

Give me a subject, any subject, and I can relate it to an episode of Friends.

Go ahead.

Try me.

That's a whole 'nother word, people




     

2 comments:

Your Mama said...

THIS was AWESOME and you are INCREDIBLE!!!

DeeMomof6 said...

Loved reading this post and I apologize if I have ever broken those English rules LOL.

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...