Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blog Every Day in May -- Day 8

May 8 - A piece of advice you have for others

Well, I think I would be remiss if I didn't bring up my wonderful grandmother for this one.  That woman was full of advice, and no matter her delivery I think her intentions were always good.

1.  Good manners and a clean set of clothes will take you a long way -- this one is great advice for everything from the workplace, to school, to church, to the gym......bad manners never go out of style and your clothing -- well, unless you want to end up on PeopleOfWalmart.com you'll think about what you where whenever you leave the house.

I think one of my most favorite people in the world is Dieter F. Uchtdorf......he is a wise and wonderful man and has an amazing way of speaking from his heart so that you feel his every word was meant for your ears.  He teaches with love and humor, and there is no doubt in my mind that he is a man of God.  

2.  "God is fully aware the you and I are not perfect.  Let me add, God is also fully aware that the people you think are perfect are not.  And yet, we spend so much time and energy comparing ourselves to others -- usually comparing our weaknesses to their strengths.  As a result, we never celebrate our good efforts because they seem to be less than what someone else does."

And in the same vein......an original from me

3.  Don't let the thunderclouds block out your sunshine!

1 comment:

Your Mama said...

AMEN....and hahahaha on the thundercloud thingy....LOVE you!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...