Sunday, May 26, 2013

Blog Every Day in May -- Day 25

May 25 -- Something someone once told you about yourself that you'll never forget. (Good or bad)

I'm not gonna lie....this challenge has been a real -- well, challenge.  I have to dig deeper, think back and do some serious soul searching to find answers, memories and anecdotes about myself, my feelings and my life.

Don't get me wrong, it's been an incredible experience.  But with this challenge, I am stuck.  Like seriously, stuck.  There really isn't one thing I've been told good or bad that has stood out so much that I could write an entire blog post on it.

But rather, I can tell you that there is one person who when he says something, I take it all in.  I listen (even when he thinks I'm not) and what he says matters.

That person, of course, is my super awesome husband!


Over the years, he has said the following; the good, the bad and the ugly.

*I would love to spend more time with you
*I really like you
*I love you
*I want to spend the rest of my life with you
*You can do it
*I believe in you
*I'm proud of you
*You're my best friend
*I value your opinion
*You make me happy

He has also said the following:

*I think you need to stop acting like that
*I don't agree with you
*Don't talk to me like that
*You were wrong
*You can do better
*Why did you do that
*You are being silly, unfair, unreasonable
*I think you need to take a step back

This man knows how to put me in my place in the most diplomatic way.  He knows how to build me up when I am weak or struggling.  He knows how to love and adore me unconditionally.  Everything he says.....I will never forget.

No comments:

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...