Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blog Every Day in May -- Day 20

May 20 -- Get Real!  Share something you're struggling with right now

I'm struggling with that TERRIBLE six letter word.............WEIGHT!

I know I've mentioned it a time or twice in the past, but I really would like to get back to the person I once was.  I'm not naive enough to think that I'll ever get back to my pre-baby weight, but I'd still like to at least get to be about 80 pounds less than I am.  That would make me feel thin, sexy, healthy.....all the things I want to feel when I look in the mirror.  I'm struggling to get back to that body and that girl, and it's driving me nuts!

I feel like every step forward I take -- in a few weeks or months I take a billion steps back.  Before having kids, I never had a problem maintaining my weight.  I could eat and drink what I want when I wanted and never gained weight.  I never understood those girls that had weight issues.  Well, I sure feel their pain now.  And the kicker is I have a really hard time with willpower when it comes to staying the course.  Even if I see results, it's so easy to fall back into bad habits.  I'd just really like to get back to a point that I can feel comfortable in my own skin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear ya girl! I feel the exact same way. Add in a MAJOR emotional eater and I'm basically a train wreck when it comes to weight loss. It was so much easier to find the time to focus on it before kids, and the energy too! And I'm loving this month of May with all your posts. You are incredibly busy and I understand why you don't have time to blog, but I sure love it when you do!!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...